You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] Γ—

Color Rendering Incorrectly

πŸ‘‹ Hi there,

I'm using Affinity Publisher on Mac. I am unable to get colors to display correctly. Under Document Setup, I've gone through every combination of color profiles to see if they change anything.

I've attached a screenshot using the following color:

#490AF5

The left color in the screenshot demonstrates what I see when I fill any shape I've dragged on to a spread using the Shape Tool. It is the incorrect color.

The right color in the screenshot is the correct color. It is what I expect to see in Affinity Publisher, and it is the color I see in other design tools, like Sketch.

Interestingly, I can drag an SVG on to the spread...When I change the SVG fill to the above color, the color displayed is accurate (the blue in the right part of the screenshot, not the purple at the left). Thus, in Affinity Publisher, I can use the same HEX code on one canvas, and see two very different colors for the one HEX code with transparency at the default 100%.

I'm not saying this is a bug. It may very well be user error. I just can't figure it out. I'll be grateful for any help.

πŸ˜€ Thanks!Β 

color.png

• Staff

Hi @Bret,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Sorry to see you're having trouble! Can you please confirm for me, what colour space and colour profile are currently in use for your document?

Do you have a custom ICC profile applied to your monitor under System Preferences > Display? (if not, which colour profile is in use here please?)

What colour space/profile is in use for the placed SVG file?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New ThreadΒ and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C,

I'm grateful for your help. πŸ˜€ My display is set to its default preset: "Apple Display (P3-600 nits)".

The color profile used to create the SVG in Sketch was "sRGB IEC61966-2.1". It is the same color profile I'm using in my Affinity Publisher document.

Thanks!!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me! Can you please try setting your display profile under System Preferences to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile, then restart the Affinity app and load/create your document once again.

Does this colour now directly appear correctly for you please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New ThreadΒ and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have that a try. The exact-named profile isn't available for my display, but "sRGB (Internet and Web)" was available. I selected that, and restarted Affinity Pub. Unfortunately, that didn't work either.

For good measure, I tried re-pasting the HEX color that I'm using. The last three characters are red. I don't understand why that's the case. I'm not trying to introduce a second issue. I only mention it, in case it makes anything come to mind. Thanks again! πŸ€“

hex.png

• Staff

Thanks for trying that for me and I'm sorry to hear this!

Would you be able to provide a copy of the Affinity document (preferably with a copy of the placed SVG also) to your reply here, so I can investigate this further?

22 minutes ago, Bret said:

I tried re-pasting the HEX color that I'm using. The last three characters are red. I don't understand why that's the case.

I can confirm this is a known UI bug, when using any letters in a HEX code the input appears in red - however the value will still be used and accepted, hence this is a UI bug only.

The above issue is logged with our developers and should be fixed in our next update :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for providing that file for me! I can see you're currently in a 32Bit (linear) colour mode - this will convert the HEX codes if set before entering 32bit mode, or if created in 32bit mode the colours may appear differently from expected.

If you convert the document back to RGB/8 or RGB/16, then redraw a rectangle and set to this HEX code, you should find the correct colours are used :)

Please note -

Many thanks!