You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The attachment shows how the first three pages are NOT to be numbered.  I have created a new section to start page numbering from the 4th page success here at least.  I expected ???  to be able to simply delete section one, edit it or something very obvious because I do not want any page numbers on the first three pages.  Reading instructions just confuses what I thought was an obvious intuitive thing to do.  Sorry for the question.

Capture.JPG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Give the first three pages None for a Master/Parent page or create a new Master/Parent page for those three. Do not include the Page numbers on those first three pages.

Please note that it is conventional to have the page numbers be Odd on the Right hand pages and Even on the Left hand pages.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

18 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Give the first three pages None for a Master/Parent page or create a new Master/Parent page for those three. Do not include the Page numbers on those first three pages.

Please note that it is conventional to have the page numbers be Odd on the Right hand pages and Even on the Left hand pages.

Hallo Old Bruce, Please forgive my confusion here:

1.  """"Give the first three pages None for a Master/Parent page"""""  How?  One cannot type anything into the section manager, in this particular context.  So I do not know what you mean here - I am sorry.

2.  So I created a new master page and got lumbered with this again, as seen on the screenshot, (it really would be so logical to be able to delete the the first section).  Every time I create a new master page it lumbers this at me instead of defaulting to what one should expect - a clean slate.

I am sorry Old Bruce but I find this page numbering system a little confusing.....odd as that may sound considering other things I do on the rest of the affinity suite.  What seems logical and sensible and intuitive is to be allowed to DELETE or at the least be able to EDIT section One and NOT have everything greyed out?????

EDITED   Have just solved the issue;  'Clear Masters' and no need for another master page. That was it, first three pages now have no page numbering.  I missed that in the drop down menu.  However I would still appreciate an answer to the above please, if you have a moment sometime, I would like to know what you meant.

Capture.JPG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

On the pages panel select the three pages (shift click and they should have a blue highlight) now right click and choose Apply Master... . You'll get a window to choose from the various Master/Parent pages you have.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.