You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FAILED TO SAVE DOCUMENT

Hi all, since yesterday official upgrade to MacOS Ventura i have problem to resave file on my external (main working) harddrive. 

In all Affinity products  - Designer, Publisher, Photo - i can open any saved file, but can not save it again with following error notification:

Failed to save document: NAME

Save failed because access to the file was lost.

The document must now be closed.

When i create new file, i am able to save it on the ext. HDD once, when i try to save it again (does not matter if freshly opened or after some work done), the same error goes on.

On bulit in HDD it works OK, but i use external for my work, including backup processes etc.

Other applications (InDesign) does not have this issue. 

All my Affi apps are up to date, i never used any MacOS betas or anything really special on my system. 

Snímek obrazovky 2022-10-25 v 12.18.51.png

2 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @Martin Savel,

This is a known issue with the Ventura update and Affinity.

We've got it logged with the Developers and will update here when we have more information :) 

Ventura beta builds were out for last 4 months and Affinity was not ready for the final build?! Sorry, this is not OK. 7 months ago was the latest build of Designer. There are many bugs and no updates to fix this bugs.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:51 AM, ajharok said:

Ventura beta builds were out for last 4 months and Affinity was not ready for the final build?! Sorry, this is not OK. 7 months ago was the latest build of Designer. There are many bugs and no updates to fix these bugs.

I'm a developer, so I can relate to the complexities of developing and maintaining software.
That said, I hope they find a solution to the issue ASAP.

Best regards.

I used the "Save as" to save the file to my desktop. I then copied the resulting desktop file to my external portable hard drive which has all the original project documents. This works fine I'm pleased to say. Previous versions when trying to save the file the 'Fail to save document" came up and resulted in it being closed down as reported above. When opening the recovery file, I always had ether missing parts of any work I had done or, the shapes were missing nodes. Hope this helps!

This bug + the 1.5 year old crash when "export bug" = Super Combo!! I was having trust issues even before, with all the crashes. Now whatever type of export or save you want to do, chances are, you will hang yourself.

Serious bug: export persona crash since 2020 - ... workaround

Serious bug 2: saving can crash your entire work - ... workaround

Serious bug 3: since 2020 exporting an artboard to TIFF with bleed, will add white borders instead of actual bleed - .. workaround

This whole app is a workaround!!

• 2 weeks later...