You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes on replacing images/documents in Resource Manager

While I can replace any kind of image/document like jpg or pdf in the document itsself without any issues, publisher crashes immediately and comprehensibly on replacing images/documents within resource manager.

Bug reports are attached.

10490161-7739-4938-93a7-ae1892508892.dmp 218d49e7-08c7-4445-9a1b-b4c94c797d4c.dmp 31db8fa8-5048-4f6e-9e93-bc03ddacb31b.dmp 445b393f-88b0-45b3-97a0-2462422fdd30.dmp 7568354b-fb97-49c7-9545-2632bf49e404.dmp a5b959a2-41e2-404e-bcea-52b68422fab8.dmp b3ed1365-7734-4c17-b459-3eb4b72ac329.dmp

3 hours ago, N.P.M. said:

Well, I'm working under Win 10 and the respective update should be KB5017262.

I will give it a try, but isn't it a bit of an odd solution to the problem if I uninstall a security-related Windows update to make the Publisher work? Shouldn't Affinity rather provide an update?

I did not have this KB5017262 installed and I could not modify anything in ressource manager without Publisher crashing without any message.... Just changing an integred image to a link one causes the crash.... That's terrible because I could not try on this file any more !!!! What could I do to avoid this ?

• Staff

If you're experiencing similar issues, please make sure you check for all of the Windows Updates listed in the linked FAQ article. As these are known to relate to .NET which seems to be causing the issues in ours and other apps. Removing them is a temporary workaround as it's been reported to Microsoft and logged with our developers.

Hello,

I have none of this list Windows 10: KB5013887, KB5017262, KB5017266KB5017858KB5018543KB5018544KB5018545 but the problem still occurs.

In my events log I have got this :

Application : Publisher.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a été arrêté en raison d'une exception non gérée.
Informations sur l'exception : System.NullReferenceException
   à System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.UpdateExtent(Boolean)
   à System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.ShouldItemsChangeAffectLayoutCore(Boolean, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingPanel.OnItemsChangedInternal(System.Object, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Controls.Panel.OnItemsChanged(System.Object, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.OnItemAdded(System.Object, Int32, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.OnCollectionChanged(System.Object, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.WeakEventManager+ListenerList`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs, System.Type)
   à System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   à System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.WeakEventManager+ListenerList`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs, System.Type)
   à System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Windows.Data.ListCollectionView.ProcessCollectionChangedWithAdjustedIndex(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs, Int32, Int32)
   à System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   à System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].InsertItem(Int32, System.__Canon)
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Data.ResourceManagerDataSource.BuildObservable()
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Data.ResourceManagerDataSource.PopulateResources()
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Data.ResourceManagerDataSource.OnDocumentStructureChangedNotification(System.Object, Serif.Interop.Persona.DocumentStructureChangedNotificationEventArgs)
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.DocumentStructureChangedNotificationHandler.Invoke(System.Object, Serif.Interop.Persona.DocumentStructureChangedNotificationEventArgs)
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.OnDocumentStructureChangedNotification(Serif.Interop.Persona.NativeWrapper<Kernel::NonCounted<Kernel::Notification> >)
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.HandleNotification(Kernel.Counted<Kernel::Notification>*, Boolean)
   à Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.OnNotify(Kernel.Counted<Kernel::Notification>*)
   à <Module>.GetNotificationDispatch.<lambda_2bcb078db99a2694ff26461d0eed393e>.()()(?GetNotificationDispatch@@$$FYA?AV?$function@$$A6AXXZ@std@@V?$Counted@VNotification@Kernel@@@Kernel@@@Z.__l2.<lambda_2bcb078db99a2694ff26461d0eed393e>*)
   à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   à Publisher.Application.Main(System.String[])

Hope this helps.

• 4 months later...