You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What's going on with Affinity Apps and macOS Ventura?

It would be nice to have some guidance from Serif, as surely they have been testing their applications on at least some of the later betas of Ventura?

I normally wait 3+ months for the bugs to be ironed out, but there are a few features (improved dictation, continuity camera, mail/messages improvements, etc) that I'm tempted to upgrade early for.

• Staff

Issues that have been found during the Ventura beta have been logged with our developers. A couple of small issues have been found since the public release and these have also been logged.

If you do find any please report them so that we can confirm and get them logged with the developers.

Since adoption of Ventura will take some time, I really hope that the next version of the Affinity apps will not break compatibility with Mojave, the latest OS for many not-so-old-Macs. And the last one to support the Adobe CS apps, from which we'll need some time to convert our data.

Paolo

I can't seem to print no matter what I try? The print menu came up once last night and now not matter which app I use (Designer, Photo, Publisher) they all stop responding… I can print from other apps, but not Affinity? I have a project I need to finish... Is there anything I can do? Where do I properly report issues? I'm new to the Affinity software…

😰 Help?

1 hour ago, tru said:

I have a project I need to finish... Is there anything I can do?

You might consider Exporting a PDF, and printing from a PDF viewer. 

1 hour ago, tru said:

Where do I properly report issues?

Here in the forums is preferred. There are specific sections of the forum for reporting bugs: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

48 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You might consider Exporting a PDF, and printing from a PDF viewer. 

Here in the forums is preferred. There are specific sections of the forum for reporting bugs: 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

Thank you!! That helped me print and also prompted me to think of other methods to fix it. Thank you! 

Also, thanks you for the bug reporting. I can't believe I overlooked that. Guess it was the deadline panic clouding me. 😅 I'm very new here so forgive me while I familiarize myself with the forum. 

Also-also, for anybody else facing the same issue I just had I think I figured out a solution. The steps on this Apple troubleshooting page fixed it right up.

https://support.apple.com/en-mn/guide/mac-help/mh14001/mac

It's kind of a sledgehammer to the issue and apparently I have to repeat it, but it kinda works?

Thank you again!

Edited by tru

Hmm there are probably certain things which will slightly change with Ventura, also internal from Apple's side. - Further for some by Apple as default supplied apps, so for example Preview app won't any longer support PS & EPS files now ...

... and the like.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2