You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo shuts down unexpectedly when searching for a font

Description: When you try to change the used font for an artistic text through typing the first letters of the font you are looking for, Affinity Photo is closing itself.

Reproduction: 

1. Open Affinity Photo
2. Create a new file
3. Create a new artistic text layer and type something
4. select the artistic text layer
5. go to the font drop down window, click it and type the first letters of the font you are looking for e.g. "be" for "Bebas"

Specs:

- MS Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044 Build 19044
- Affinity Photo 1.10.5.1342

Same behavior in Affinity Designer.

11 hours ago, Mystical said:

Affinity Photo has always been so stable for me and was shocked when simple actions started crashing it. Glad its not the program. Hope Microsoft can sort this out sooner rather than later.

My first reaction was: Oh, I probably did something wrong. Because normally Affinity Products don't crash. And i noticed that I really often use the function of searching for a font via the first Letters ^^ 

• Staff

Hi @Captain Haddock,

Please see the below FAQ regarding this issue, the .NET update needs to be uninstalled in order to resolve the crashing behaviour -

I hope this helps :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)