You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey everyone, 

When I make my noise reduction changes while in the Develop persona, then click develop, they suddenly all go away. 

I've tried doing this while making other changes in Develop, as well as while making no other changes. 

I can see the changes happen, but they just don't translate when I go back to the Photo persona. 

Am I missing something?

though i have not triggered this problem, i've read several posts on the subject over time. you could search the forum to find if someone suggested a solution or workaround.

someone reported, if i don't fail, that it could be only a display problem: try exporting the image after developing and see if the noise is still there after opening the exported image.

take care,

stefano

I am having the same problem.  I've tried to go back into persona and reapply or increase the luminance noise reduction.  The preview looks great, but when I hit develop, it often (not always) goes back to the original noisy image.    I tried exporting as JPEG and saving the affinity file then reopen, thinking it might be a preview/thumbnail issue... but, alas, no.  It is simply not working.

Additionally, the noise reduction filters in the edit persona are not working either, both the live filter and regular filter.   If i set up split screen, I can see the beautiful smoothing effect of the filter, but the minute I apply it, its gone.  

GRRRR, i say, GRRRR.

This happened before, in one of the earlier betas, but the problem seems to have reappeared.

I'm using raw Fuli X files, shot on either a Fuli XT10 or a Fuji XE1.  Happens with both.   I'll check my canon Rebel raw files to see if it happens with that file, too and report back in a few.

Update ....  my Canon raw files do NOT have this issue.    (they have many other issues which is why I haven't shot this camera for 8 months, but they don't have this noise reduction issue in Affinity!)

MIYAGA - are you shooting Fuji?

Affinity Photo team - can you address this?  Is this a known bug?  I seem to remember reading a comment about the "fuji noise bug" issue being addressed a few months ago.  Is this the issue?  Is it on the radar for being fixed?

Obviously, this is huge issue which makes this software unusable for my raw processing.  That makes me very sad because I don't use Photoshop any more at all.

Thanks for the help!

Holly

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have this problem as well but only for photos with high ISO level (over 2000). The preview in the Develop persona looks nice but when I click to Develop button, denoise level is very weak. I have to set denoise level for Luminance and Colours over 90%. Only then I will have some acceptable result.

Photos with low ISO are without problem.

Affinity Photo 1.4.1

Canon 70D

edit: sorry, I am a total idiot. I have not checked an image at 100% zoom. 

• 2 weeks later...