You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

should the inpainting brush / patch tool... ignore a live perspective filter?

i just realized that when using the inpainting tool / patch tool and others on a layer that has a perspective filter applied, the tools get misplaced by the perspective.

for example, the inpainting tool red trail appears where it would be if the perspective correction was applied again... that is in the position where the points where i dragged the tool have actually been moved by the perspective filter.

the attachment is a detail of a screenshot i took: the misplacement between the trail and the cursor is well visible, since the cursor should be just over the bottom of the trail.

is this the intended behaviour?

imho, it looks like a bug, since i would expect a correct interaction between live filters and tools.

post-22319-0-65826800-1452363585_thumb.jpg

take care,

stefano

well i've found that also the selection tool (i.e.: selection brush) get misplced when working on a layer that has a live perspective filter attached.

it turns out that one has to "merge visible" to make these tools operate correctly, and this greatly reduces the usefulness of the live perspective filter.

i don't think it's a problem of my setup only.

anyone can confirm?

take care,

stefano

Well, I am not sure, Stefano … :unsure:

I would say, since it is a live filter, you can always disable the filter temporarily, use the inpainting brush, and then re-enable the filter. I believe this is the way it is supposed to work. But I fear the developers will have to answer this question …

By the way, I love your concert photographs … big jazz fan …  :)

Kind regards, Alex 

yes, disabling the filter and re-enabling after inpainting is the "strategy" i applied, but it looks a workaround rather than a real workflow.

i see that the affinity crew often answers questions in this forum, so i would not love to duplicate this thread opening it in the bugs forum too. we'll see if someone pops out.

thank you for your help, and for apreciating my shots. i'm a big jazz fan too :)

take care,

stefano