You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.10.X crash on start in win11

Marco-G

• Staff

Thanks for providing that! I can see shortly before the Affinity app hangs/crashes, your PenTablet.exe app crashes - 

image.png

Do you have a drawing tablet connected to your system currently? What make/model is this please?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for verifying that - can you please:

• Download new drivers, directly from XP Pen's website
  • Uninstall the current 'PenTablet.exe' drivers you have installed
  • Restart your PC
  • Launch Affinity - does it still crash when creating a new document?
  • If not, reinstall the new driver download, then restart your system and try once again in Affinity.

Does this stop the crashing please? :)

33 minutes ago, KrystianK said:

i only have this issue on Affinity photo other software don't make any problem

It's likely Affinity is accessing the driver for this tablet and other softwares aren't interacting in the same way - but the crash is occurring in this driver and not within Affinity directly according to your event viewer log.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

That's wonderful news, many thanks for letting us know and for your patience in resolving this issue :D

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi @Bentino,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

This issue has been reported to, and confirmed by Microsoft as a bug in the .NET code - as this issue affects multiple 'WPF' apps, including the Affinity suite.

At this time, we're awaiting an update from Microsoft to resolve this crash, without the need for Affinity to be updated, however we're unable to provide an ETA for this, as it is under Microsofts control.

I hope this clears things up and please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Please note -

Many thanks!

12 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Bentino,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

This issue has been reported to, and confirmed by Microsoft as a bug in the .NET code - as this issue affects multiple 'WPF' apps, including the Affinity suite.

At this time, we're awaiting an update from Microsoft to resolve this crash, without the need for Affinity to be updated, however we're unable to provide an ETA for this, as it is under Microsofts control.

I hope this clears things up and please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences caused in the meantime.

Hi @Dan C, that's okay. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

UPDATE for anyone still using V1 Affinity applications - 

Versions 1.10.6 of the Affinity suite have been released, which resolve these .NET Windows crashes.

Please see the below link for information on how to download and install these updates:

With the Affinity updates installed, you can now un-hide any previous Windows updates you have paused and install these without concern.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon