You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity In the new iPad Pro M2 announcement.

This is the greatest news from Affinity so far. They're not dead! Actually, they are working as we speak on a mayor release of their apps. How do I know? Check the video on Apple's website and find out all the things that are coming! 

So far, Live Sync, Universal Control drag and drop, in app access for iCloud and Photo apps are just a few you can actually spot in the brief ad. Can you spot more new and upcoming features?

Albertkinng Screenshot - 10-18-2022 2.png

features.png

See my comics: dearmascomics.com

Heard my Radio Show: mimegaradio.com

Ask for my services: albertkinng.com

• Staff

Thanks for the enthusiasm... but that's quite a lot of assumptions you have made there.  We are proud to be featured in Apple’s launch, look out for exciting updates and an actual feature set from Affinity's social channels

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

that's quite a lot of assumptions

Well... I'm pointing out what the app is showing up by itself.

1. iCloud (Files) is represented by an icon

2. Photos (also represented by an icon)

3. Account sync (represented by an icon, otherwise why I want to see my name under the account icon tab if it's not doing the same as the actual apps)

4. Project Gallery (that's basically how it looks)

5. Live Docs (do we need a definition?)

6. Project Info (is literally that)

7. New Icon (bruh!)

Possible Assumptions:

1.  Project Cloud Management (Based on the GUI that let you delete and move your tiles)

2. Drag and drop with Universal Control (based on the GUI that let you move projects around)

3. Studio Link (Based on the same functionality as the desktop because the others apps are available on iPad already)

Maybe I'm wrong with the last three. Not the others, as they are shown with the labels very clearly.

Wait- I also see the announcement  of Affinity v3.45 at April 2023 - I heard it includes ai to make all of our Work. Maybe the time we are winning at this point we can spent at discussions in forums and have a look into our glass balls to tell development teams who are they in a very complex design process what they have done, should done and have to do. 
Or we all should doesn’t burning these kind of time and focus on our main projects - in my case this is not a discussion about any software - it is about a productive use of this wonderful piece of software in a professional way.

1 hour ago, albertkinng said:

Not the others, as they are shown with the labels very clearly.

But that does not necessarily mean these items will be exactly as pictured or labeled, or even function as one might think, in the actual final retail version....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

35 minutes ago, HugoIII said:

in my case this is not a discussion about any software

Actually, it’s about the new announcement of a brand new app for iPad from Affinity. Totally relevant. This is not a place to be cynical and offend others, that’s for sure. 

Nobody is guessing what’s coming. In my defense I just pointed out what it’s showing up in the video, and the moderator was making sure with the post that it’s not ok to make any assumptions, if this was an off topic, this thread wouldn’t exist now.

40 minutes ago, R C-R said:

or even function as one might think, in the actual final retail version

Well, that would be bad for the company. Affinity should be accurate and trustworthy with the software they are working on. Imagine that even Publisher for iPad is not even coming out? How sure you would be putting your money on a next product? Judging for the lack of social media interaction and no news about the progress behind the scenes, it was refreshing to see their app on an Apple’s product announcement. I’m happy that Affinity still working on my fav apps. That’s the only thing I wanted to express here (a forum for users in a channel for feedback and chatting about their softwares) just sharing the joy of knowing they’re still here! Can’t wait for what’s coming! 

12 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

Affinity should be accurate and trustworthy with the software they are working on.

They have no obligation to say anything about as yet unreleased products. This is standard practice in the software industry, among other reasons because they do not want give their completion any clues about that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

12 hours ago, R C-R said:

They have no obligation to say anything about as yet unreleased products. This is standard practice in the software industry, among other reasons because they do not want give their completion any clues about that.

They indeed don't have an obligation to anyone about anything. But it would be a great gesture to the community to give a small announcement about the state of V2. Seeing the messages on the forum it seems a lot of people are eager to get some info and quite a bit of speculation is going on lately. I think it would be wise to get a bit of a grip on the speculation so that people won't get majorly disappointed and go full negative posting everywhere

• 3 weeks later...

Affinity posted a new teasing video for new apps coming this month! I can't wait to see which of my guesses are true and which aren't! I have my money ready to buy all six apps at the same time. Not only that, but I've been saving for this moment. Designer 2, Photo 2, Publisher 2, Designer iPad 2, Photo iPad 2 and Publisher iPad 2! OMG! I think I'm going to have a heart attack just for waiting.

• Staff
7 minutes ago, albertkinng said:

ready to buy all six apps at the same time

Mac or Windows ? Either way I think you will be pleased once they are released.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

Mac or Windows ?

To answer your question, I work with Mac only since 1992. The other system I use as part of my everyday living is Ubuntu (running also on Mac).