You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta 1.4.1 Build 2 installtation problem (clash with AppStore)

yes i agree, 101 out of 100 emails like that are scam.

though english is not my native language, i think i've detected at least some grammar / syntax error: it's very unlikely it's an official email from apple.

it would be interesting to see if the clickable, embedded link points to a true apple domain: it's more than likely the real url actually mimics a true apple domain.

take care,

stefano

I agree with Madame and barninga, vieuxjeux please don't use that email, that is a phishing scam. Use the link I posted, it opens a web-form which looks like this.

post-13400-0-00775700-1452432875_thumb.png

No scam there!

Affinity Designer 1.6

Affinity Photo 1.6.6

Canon EOS 50D

iMac 27" 3,4 GHz Intel Core i7 32 GB RAM

Madame, I fully agree with you. Usually scam mails contain numerous writing or grammatical errors so that they are easy to spot out, but the one I showed was skilfully made and looked quite Apple-like. And You are right, all trusted companies who handle transactions do not send e-mails for verifying.

Baringa, I share your concerns. Perhaps I can add a few thoughts about backup stategies.

I have everything (files, programs, system, photos) saved in at least 2 or 3 copies in addition to my Time Machine backups.

For that I'm using Chrono Sync software. It keeps track of my added and deleted files and syncs them on external disks separete from my Time Machine backup. It also syncs one backup disk to another.

On my internal HD I only have the Mac OS and programs and Lightroom Library, its Settings and backup files. All other files are on 3 external disks.

LR library folder and its contents are syncronized to two ext discs. All my photos are on one ext disc and they are syncronized to another ext disc. Should any disc crash or fail I would have at least one working copy left. In addition, should my iMac crash and I would have to take it to a repair shop, I can have my mind in peace as my Mac does not contain any personal data. As you notice, I do NOT trust my files to be saved in a cloud service. My paranoia...

To keep the data on internal HD to a minimum helps also to keep the disk in order and compensate on the relatively slow speed on the HD.

I'll certainly let you all know if there will be a solution to the App Store problem.

Regards

vieuxjeux

• Staff

Hi vieuxjeux,

This may be a problem with App Store app cache.  Please follow those steps:

• Drag the Photo or Designer app from the Applications folder to the trash.
  • Open the Terminal app.
  • Copy and paste this command and then press Enter ( this will open a Finder window.):
  • open $TMPDIR/../C
  • Drag the "com.apple.appstore" folder that's inside there to the Trash. This folder is just a cache. It will be recreated as soon as you run the Mac Store app again.
  • Run the Mac Store app and try to install Affinity Photo / Designer. If it still doesn't work, reboot your system.
  • Finally install the corresponding Beta (1.4.1 Beta 2) again if needed

If there's features that were working in previous version (1.3.5) that aren't working in the latest one please let us know so we can fix them.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Hi MEB,

I followed the procedures You suggested but I'm sorry they did not help. I even rebooted my Mac twice and each time before that deleted the com.apple.appstore file. The situation is still the same, when I'm logged in the AppStore and look at my purchased apps, it shows that I have Affinity installed and the text is greyed and nonactive. I have no answer yet from Apple support. They promised to contact me in 48 hours...

Hope You can find other things to try out.

I haven'n yet tried to installe the Beta because I'd like to get this thing sorted out first. What bothers me is that the Beta version would finally allow me to use ProPhoto as my default working colour space. As you know, this is not possible with current released versions.

But thank's for Your efforts

regards

vieuxjeux

Hi MEB

I forgot to mention that when You asked if there were functions that were workin in 1.3.5 and not working in 1.4. there's one serious problem for me. I'm not able to export layered files in PS format with 1.4. I've signaled that before. I'm sure you can find my post. I sent some sample files as well but haven't seen any comments on that. The only way I can export in PS format is by using the 1.3.5.

If there's a trick with export setting, and I'm doing somethin wrong, please let me know.

regards

vieuxjeux

Hi MEB

In the AppStore button it says INSTALLED and it is greyed, son active. Clicking it does nothing.

Yes, I deleted all Affinity versions from my Programs folder and emtied the the Trash.

Then I deleted the com.apple.appstore file to the trash and emtied the trash.

I started AppStore and looked the installed apps. Affinity was stillin the state of having been INSTALLED and nonactive. No change to how things we when I first signaled this problem.

I did everythin twice.

Now I've reinstalled AP 1.4 and the Beta. When trying to start the Beta I have a message that a purchased version of Affinity must be installed.

So, whatever I do the situation does not change. Frustrating!

Perhaps you could also comment on my previous post about exporting PS files or should I start a new discussion about that (already started before).

regards

vieuxjeux