You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to quickly edit a raster layer that is in Affinity Designer in Affinity Photo.

I use this feature in Illustrator all the time.  I select an Illustrator Layer that is a raster and select it to edit in Adobe Photoshop.

As I am updating/editing the image in Photoshop, I can watch it change/edit in Illustrator.

I am sure this must be possible, just can not find the obvious way of doing this in Designer.

Thank You!

Well you could use the menu item "open in Affinity Photo". It would take the whole document and open it with Affinity Photo. Then you could make adjustments to your raster layer and switch back afterwards.

By using this method, all your changes would be saved within your document and be editable in Affinity Designer after the fact (live-filters, for example).

Adobe automatically flattens the raster layer before switching back to Illustrator, I think. The "Affinity-way" would actually be "better" in that way.

Of course this method wouldn't "isolate" the raster layer, but show the whole document, so that's a downside.

• 2 weeks later...