You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

pressure sensitivity

Along with what Aboutle said, may I add that some apps (Like Corel Painter) detects different styli. I have two: one with a "pen-nib" (it has a spring so it emulates a dip-pen point) and another with a felt nib (which is good for drawing smooth lines by hand -- less slippage than with plastic nibs). Painter detects each one separately, so I can have one  that will use a pencil brush and the other will use a watercolor brush. Painter will automagically detect which stylus I'm using and switch to the tool that was last used for that specific stylus. So it would be great if I could, for example, have one stylus  using the brush pen tool in AD and the other using the gradient tool.

About pressure sensitivity, both Painter and Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint has a menu option that allows for specific set up for the app.  However, it's a bit of set-up to do because each specific tool can have its own pressure settings. This, while granular, can be good to customize the UX for the user's individual pressure use. I'm a bit of a hard-hand, so my settings reflect that. I'm in the process of training myself to have a lighter touch, so having a app-wide setting is good, as I only have to reset once and not for each tool.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

I think Matt probably has some ideas how this is going to work. It will probably required you to calibrate each Wacom tool you have. We have done this kind of thing before so just a matter of time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hold down Alt (Option) when you click to select one of the end nodes, or just click to select, then click again to unlock the two ends. I mentioned in another thread that I don't think it's a great way of working and I'll be happy to change it if someone can come up with a neater way to do this that doesn't require extra buttons to clutter up the UI :)

Well, I have visualized something and make it (with AD :D)

Actually , the grid on the background it's cool but useless.... because can't be used as a real and precise guide.

261bxwh.png

My alternative (alternativa) it's to keep the background clean... and with (for example) the ALT or SHIFT key.. to make those horizontal-snap-guides appear on the background.

The guides would appear under those "pressure nodes" that aren't selected so i can move the one i have selected and make it coincident to any other if i wish to, knowning i'm making the pressure exactly equal on those 2 points (as it ocurrs, it the example, with the to nodes on the bottom)

This way, if i wish precission or equality of pressure... i use the ALT or SHIFT key to get it... if not... only have to move the nodes where i wish.

(and of course, I'm only accepting it because you made it in Designer, hehe) ;)

I was sure of it :D hahaha....

By the way, relative big strokes make losing softness on the edges. They looks like polygon rather than a curve.

13zofti.png

And one more thing, if i wish to set an stroke bigger than 100pt i can use the keyboard to set it, but if i want then ... to make it a little smaller, with the controller to reduce it... it'll be transformed instantly into 100pt again... and again... doesn't matter the number it was entered before. (See Attached Video)

2014-10-24 18.41.45.mov