You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

X3 always converts to cmyk

jstask

If Choosing X3 in the PDF-Export Settings, RGB colors will always be converted to CMYK, but instead they should have an RGB profile attached. Otherwise, X3 makes no sense since it is not different from X1a, where only CMYK Colors are allowed.
Document color mode is sRGB
This bug also affects Affinity Designer

1718469107_Bildschirmfoto2022-10-17um14_16_03.png.87558f3472db7f7c5d0b49ce4917a748.png223819596_Bildschirmfoto2022-10-17um14_21_02.thumb.png.ddd45586d42edad6664450b91c185b60.png1052373526_Bildschirmfoto2022-10-17um14_27_57.png.06c19f81837f55f722d5ad2a975b6fb8.png

• Staff

Hi @jstask,

Thanks for your report!

I can confirm we have PDF/X colour space issues logged with our developers, as there are known inconsistencies when exporting to this format from certain devices - I'll be sure to 'bump' this report with your post here now.

In the meantime, exporting to PDF/X3 can be done to RGB, but requires an 'Output Intent' profile, rather than the standard sRGB profile etc.

For example, the Colour Profile I have attached can be used to export to RGB in a PDF X3 document, however I do understand this is likely not the profile you wish to use.

I hope this clears things up and my apologies for the inconveniences caused in the meantime.

1FS_ArtSmootDuo_Pro4900_Generic.icc

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

You will need an .ICC profile which has been created as an Output Intent Profile, such as the one I've attached above - however I would no directly recommend using this specific profile as it is for specific printing paper you are not using.

Once you have this profile, you can import it into Affinity using the steps shown in the below FAQ:

Finally, once this profile is installed you should be able to select RGB & the aforementioned profile when exporting to PDF X3 :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Since I do not know how to create such a profile, I did another workaround: Export 2 PDFs, an X-3 for the CMYK part and an PDF 1.7 for the RGB parts. Layer merged together in Acrobat, which could become a tedious task. So i hope this will get fixed soon, since I don't want to be the person responsible for color conversion if no cymk value is provided. Besides that, I would prefer an output intent independent PDF.