You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Here is my latest comedy poem laid out in Affinity Publisher. It is a comedy observation about a cat that drools when excited or relaxed. This was written to reclaim the word "pussy" to mean "domestic cat". I hope you find it funny.

The background image was created using stable diffusion ai and then using digital auto painter and affinity photo to complete the creation. The document was laid out in Affinity Publisher.

Moderator, please could you move this to Share Your Work. Thanking you in advance.

Ode to my Dribble-some Pussy (Cat).jpg

On 10/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, AlanPickup said:

Tried to get an image from stable diffusion for Tongue and cheek as words do not cut it

Just realized what you were implying.  Gosh, I am so thick. If there is anything "tongue-in-cheek" about the poem it is that the innocent plain meaning is the correct one. Any other vulgar or variant interpretation is purely in the mind of the reader. Is there an inverse "tongue-in-cheek"?

I don't think "Kitty" would have worked, as it tends to be a more American meaning for a cat. I suppose "Feline" would be the least ambiguous, although its definition seems ironically vague.

On 10/18/2022 at 9:06 PM, AlanPickup said:

Comes from a misspent youth reading saucy postcards on Blackpool's Golden mile, nudge, nudge, wink, wink know what I mean gov!

I remember those postcards. The Carry-On Films seemed to be based on them. As did the comedy of Frankie Howerd and the Two Ronnies. There was also a running gag in Are You Being Served with Mrs Slocombe and her cat. She was always talking about her cat, oblivious to any other possible meaning of the word she used. Ironically, the vulgar interpretation depended upon the mindset of the audience. As a child, I never saw the funny side of that joke. As an adult, I saw the joke but didn't think it was that funny.

I suppose my Asperger's is the reason I like to categorize things according to their correct context. Hence, this poem was written about a cat but with a certain level of ambiguity in the first stanza to catch out people with so-called "dirty minds". If you read it innocently, it is obviously about a cat.

It seems I've created a psychological experiment in verse, which tells you more about the reader than the writer.