You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there restriction of sections in ebooks created with Affinity Publisher

Hi,

I am busy with  a small ebook, 50 pages including a lot of illustrations. I created five sections using the section manager but when it comes to final one, the sixth, Affinity Publisher crashes reliably and without exception. As soon as a try to add a new section it just disappears and needs a re-start. What could be the reason for it and how can I finish my project (besides just using 5 instead of 6 section, a solution I like to avoid)?
If any of you has an idea how to fix this, please let me  know, thank you.

Dirk

I'm having the exact same issue as well, except that it seems to usually be the sixth or seventh section that immediately crashes Publisher. Happens in a brand new file too: Add a few pages, then start adding sections. Each time I get to the sixth or seventh, it crashes.

Adding the first 5 sections works, but then trying to add the 6th repetedly crashes Affinity Publisher.

This hapens even when using another PC or laptop. So I conclude its a program issue and not a system problem...

Has anyone got a solution to this ongoing issue? Thanks very much.

Using version 1.10.5.1342 on Win10

Edited by Germanguyuk
updating version info

• 4 weeks later...

So, since V1 will no longer get updates, I assume this bug is here to stay, making document sections in V1 almost worthless?

Can anyone confirm whether this bug is fixed in V2 publisher at least? I really need this feature. Is the bug part of the set of issues V1 has with recent Windows NET updates or something? 

On 10/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, johnjohn said:

I am busy with  a small ebook, 50 pages including a lot of illustrations. I created five sections using the section manager but when it comes to final one, the sixth, Affinity Publisher crashes reliably and without exception. As soon as a try to add a new section it just disappears and needs a re-start. What could be the reason for it and how can I finish my project (besides just using 5 instead of 6 section, a solution I like to avoid)?
If any of you has an idea how to fix this, please let me  know, thank you.

I can add a new section to your file without any issues using v1 and v2 macOS. Are you on Windows? If so and if you're still using v1, have you reviewed the Windows update issue and uninstalled the conflicting updates?

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)