You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashes with moving and painting

Rove

Hi,

I have an issue with Affinity photo, everytime I try to paint in object, in layer or move something which I just pasted in it crashes down.

I'm not doing anything hard, it's normal work in software. PS works absolutely normal with same job.

My PC is also not a worst one and if PS works with that normally, I would say that's not problem of my PC. 

I would like to completely switch to Affinity but I can't. It's just annoying to work like this and it crashes 4,5 times in half hour of work.. So I do 3 steps of work and it crashes without saving and I can start just again... 

I'm really sad about it bcs I'm satisfied with whole the Affinity in general, like it work and with functions and its somehow really comfy and intuitive to work with brushes and so... So big disappointment for me now... 

Pleeease, can you somehow help me with this? Or can u solve this bug somehow? Thanks

Edited by Rove

• Staff

Hi @Roveand Welcome to the Forums,

1st thing to try, click Edit>Preferences and on the Performance section, if the option for hardware acceleration is ticked, please untick this and close Preferences.  You'll be asked to restart Affinity and once restarted, try your workflow again and let me know the results.

Also we have seen a lot of crashes due to a recent Windows update, most of these crashes are either with working with text/fonts or placing images.  However, if disabling openCL doesn't help, then please see this link and see if you have the mentioned updated installed.