You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer crashing when trying to search font

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@Timespider @bk12345

These KB numbers are constantly changing/updating, especially with the recent Windows 11 major update (22H2)

Can you upload your Update History (screenshot below) so we can check which KB might now be applicable to your system

updates.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@Timespider @bk12345

In both your screenshots KB5017271 has been reported before as causing problems

Can you uninstall that update and see if you still get the "font crashing" problem and report back here

5 hours ago, Timespider said:

Will removing this update affect how my windows 11 does it's job?

Nope, nothing to worry about at the moment if all of your other (non-Affinity) apps are working correctly

It will likely be replaced by another Windows update in the future anyway

2 hours ago, bk12345 said:

My issue still not resolved. I uninstall KB5017271 update but still affinity designer crash while searching font. 

It's been 4 days since you were advised to remove that update. Please first check your Update History for any additional updates since you last checked

If you find any please advise what they are.

If none are found you can try uninstalling KB5017389 and running the .NET repair tool as advised in the post below.

Unfortunately, the OP in that thread did not report back whether that resolved their problem or not. Please report back your findings as it can help others experiencing this issue

46 minutes ago, carl123 said:

It's been 4 days since you were advised to remove that update. Please first check your Update History for any additional updates since you last checked

If you find any please advise what they are.

If none are found you can try uninstalling KB5017389 and running the .NET repair tool as advised in the post below.

Unfortunately, the OP in that thread did not report back whether that resolved their problem or not. Please report back your findings as it can help others experiencing this issue

Thanks, all good/working. it is working fine now!! much appreciate your prompt replies. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

UPDATE for anyone still using V1 Affinity applications - 

Versions 1.10.6 of the Affinity suite have been released, which resolve these .NET Windows crashes.

Please see the below link for information on how to download and install these updates:

With the Affinity updates installed, you can now un-hide any previous Windows updates you have paused and install these without concern.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon