You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am very new to Affinity, and although I can find tutorials for slightly more complex issues, I am struggling to find very basic tutorials that cover resizing, simple cropping, deleting sections of a photo.

I use these features in PS all the time, but I am struggling to find my way around Affinity.

I keep trying PS options to get things done, but to date no luck.  

Thank you

• Staff

Hello AspiringMCC,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Did you take a look at the help file? It's covers all features of the software, including some step by step instructions and a few interactive widgets to explain certain things.

We are continuously updating and improving it, and i believe it's a very good reference to understand the basics of the program.

Also check out the Transform and the Selections and Masking sections in this thread. They cover canvas and image resizing, various cropping tutorials and basic selections to manipulate just parts of the image.

If you still find trouble understanding something, just go ahead and ask directly here in the forums. There's always someone willing to help.

• Staff

[Edit] Beaten! You're too quick MEB!  :)

Hi, have you seen the in-house tutorials topic in the Tutorials forum? https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10119-in-house-affinity-photo-video-tutorials/

There are a couple of categories that would cover what you're after. Transforming contains videos on image resizing, cropping and straightening. There is no topic that outright covers deleting sections of an image as the tutorials use a non-destructive approach, but the Selections and Masking category will show you how to make selections and use layer masks to show and hide content.

Deleting sections of an image would just be a case of making a selection (see the videos to find out how) and pressing the delete key, or using the eraser brush.

Hope that helps!

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials