You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ideas aren't exclusive to Publisher by any means, but where the ideas first presented

Zooming with selection of element(s) with Move Tool (V)

• Select element, Ctrl+[plus key +] will shift view screen to center on element
  • Select element, right-click, Zoom to selected element, zooms to full extents of selected element

Zooming using highlighted Layer

• Select / highlight Layer, right-click, Zoom to selected Layer, zooms to full extents of selected Layer

Thank you @prophet for the reply.

Double-clicking the layer icon in the Layer panel intending to zoom to that layer only works in certain situations; e.g., a text element created in the current workspace. If the element was created elsewhere, and depending on exactly what that element actually might be; e.g., a placed PDF, an Affinity Design element, there are different non-zoom behaviors accordingly; e.g., nothing happening, or opening up editing session in a new Publisher tab, respectively.

I'm quite new to all things Serif and expect there are additional behavioral nuances dependent upon a given circumstance. Having used InDesign CS6 for ages, I'm loving Publisher!

43 minutes ago, Kelly Bellis said:
  • Select element, Ctrl+[plus key +] will shift view screen to center on element

On Mac I use the keyboard shortcut Command + Shift + 0 (zero) to zoom in to the selected objects. Pretty sure this is a built in default.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It's a bit awkward and could use some clarification, but it all comes down to where you click. If you double-click the layer just below or above the name/description, it should work. Obviously double clicking on the name lets you edit it and, as you noted, double-clicking the thumbnail can yield other actions.