You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Full page printing does not work correct

Hi there,

i read about this earlier but couldnt find the thread, i still have the issue with full page printing only in affinity publisher with whiteborder on the right and bottom of the page.

It ruined already some invitation cards and stole me lot of time seeking through settings that have been set correct.

Is this issue stil persistent? Thank you for any info about this absolutely NO GO for the DTP Software that is meant to be used for full page creating and printing.

Regards

Christian

• Staff

Hi @Christian79and Welcome to the Forums,

We did have an issue with borderless printing but this was fixed in a previous update for Affinity.  I'm also able to print borderless without issue using the 2 different printers i have access to. 

If you are having trouble, what printer are you using?  Can you attach your afpub file so i can try printing it here and see if it prints borderless.  

Try converting to PDF, print that from your PDF reader and see if you still have the same problem.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Good Evening @stokerg,

i have a HP 8600 pro plus and used it always for full page printing.

Actually i am using Version 1.10.4.1198 of Af. publisher.

I will attach the .afpub file also also @PaulEC the pdf file i exported from publisher, and which i was able to print in fullpage mode without borders.
so it really comes from publisher, which is quite annoying. it is just a testfile with a generated border around.

Thanks for further ideas.

BR

Christian

Print_Test_Borderless.afpub Print_Test_Borderless.pdf

Edited by Christian79
Added information about the test file.

• Staff

Hi @Christian79,

Thanks for the files.  Your afpub file and PDF all print right up to the edge of the page when printed here.  When you go to File>Print if you click on Properties and see if you have an option for borderless printing and make sure that is enabled and try printing from Publisher again.  If that doesn't help, can attach a photo showing the print out that you do get?

I also print your files borderless on an Epson XP-7100.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Hi @stokerg,
thank you for the feedback.

Of course i select "Borderless" with the printer, like i always did and do (used already with earlier versions of the software without issues.

The issue only persists here in Affinity Publisher.

I tried with Word, PDF (native in Acrobat and over Browser), MS Publisher, older Photoshop) and everywhere it worked.
So you want to see a picture of the actual printed paper or of what exactly?

@Komatös thank you for your feedback, just wont help me with my issue here i guess.

Thanks and greetings

Christian

@Christian79

Try with updated Publisher (1.10.5.1342).  Why?

Since @stokerg and I are probably using the current version of Publisher and have no problems, it could be the outdated version you are using.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Komatös,

sorry for the late reply, i had health issues to deal with.

Now tested the actual Version of publisher 1.10.5.1342 - but unfortunately the borderless print is still not working correctly.

Any further ideas ? May it be that the printer is not compatible anymore with the new version ?

When i check the printing, it always looks as it would be positioned bit too much up and left.. which results in the white border.....

image.png.e9fcd337e65d613a61f3fc5ce7c07379.png

Meanwhile i also tried to get every possible update / driver / firmware for the printer.

Without success, i still have this movement for right and bottom of the printing object - only on affinity publisher.

This is driving me nuts, also because i cant reach out to anyone of them...

How can this be investigated further? can it at all?