You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

DinapixStudio

This is beautiful!    <-- [edit now I know it's generated by AI] I regret and feel bad that I wrote this. Because it seems to be created by some AI system and I don't consider that 'own creation' for a 'Share your work' forum. I also don't think it's fair to creators, wether beginner, intermediate or advanced, who DO put effort in creating beautiful things themselves as a creator and take art seriously.

On 10/2/2022 at 8:59 PM, DinapixStudio said:

Yes, we pay a subscription to the AI, and the results are amazing, although it depends a lot of the prompts that you use

What do you mean with this? Is it generated by Artificial Intelligence?

13 minutes ago, DinapixStudio said:

Yes, IA generated and retouched with Affinity Photo in Artstation and in this forum we mention it

AI is not bad, it is just another work tool ;-)

Sorry, I don't agree. AI is not 'just another work tool'. And you seem to be perfectly aware about that too, because you didn't tell anything about it in your opening post. I agree with @N.P.M. in that regard.

Well, don't I feel stupid. I certainly got sucked in, thinking that was something you (@DinapixStudio) created yourself. While the artwork is certainly impressive, I am definitely not impressed (at least, not in a good way) by you allowing me to think you created it by hand/stylus. My artwork may be less than great, but at least it's mine, generated from my mind, through my hand and onto the digital canvas via Affinity software. It's not generated by a series of commands via some AI software.

AI art is coming for sure, but you need to state it was generated by AI up front, given the audience and the hosts of this forum. To not do so is disingenuous. 

Mac Studio, Monterey (latest version) / 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD Storage / Wacom Cintiq 24 Pro (latest drivers) / Affinity Photo & Designer v 1.10.5

https://glennsart.myportfolio.com

25 minutes ago, MmmMaarten said:

Sorry, I don't agree. AI is not 'just another work tool'. And you seem to be perfectly aware about that too, because you didn't tell anything about it in your opening post. I agree with @N.P.M. in that regard.

For that we post the link at the original work, in the description of Artstation we put it

10 minutes ago, Glennsart said:

Well, don't I feel stupid. I certainly got sucked in, thinking that was something you (@DinapixStudio) created yourself. While the artwork is certainly impressive, I am definitely not impressed (at least, not in a good way) by you allowing me to think you created it by hand/stylus. My artwork may be less than great, but at least it's mine, generated from my mind, through my hand and onto the digital canvas via Affinity software. It's not generated by a series of commands via some AI software.

AI art is coming for sure, but you need to state it was generated by AI up front, given the audience and the hosts of this forum. To not do so is disingenuous. 

For that we post the link at the original work, in the description of Artstation we put it

AI jobs come out of the human mind, AI doesn't do it alone, you have to tell it what you want and how you want it, we liked it as a tool, to save time on some jobs

By the way, we updated the work description, is the same of the Artstation.

6 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

There's a saying;
'Those who can, do; those who can’t, teach’
Not necessarily true in a real sense,
but a line of text will never be by any means creating art.
I did put no effort in the next AI created images.
And effort is the key phrase here.

1178345340__3_skyscrapers__dark_distant_desert__cyperpunk__bladerunner2049__dystopia_fine_details_HQ.png.480c84e476ba8ab5dac639fd9a707fff.png2531346973__3_skyscrapers__dark_distant_desert__cyperpunk__bladerunner2049__dystopia_fine_details_HQ.png.159da10c87921621db40ecdf7e6994b9.png2788915781__3_skyscrapers__dark_distant_desert__cyperpunk__bladerunner2049__dystopia_fine_details_HQ.png.8bf631639185d08541fd29ea379c847d.png701713219__3_skyscrapers__dark_distant_desert__cyperpunk__bladerunner2049__dystopia_fine_details_HQ.png.bf966cbe0233b6c9f7a2a0f0e3bc366c.png

For everything you have know, even to put the prompts and create something better than the rest you have to know, we have been testing it and it is not so easy to do something coherent and good, also it always needs retouch some details

We don't see AI as something bad, they can even serve as inspiration for a completely original work, or mix both images to create a better one.

3 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

Blablabla, I generated those images above in just 10 seconds,9 words =  no effort, no skills involved, no art.

What happens with AI now is the same thing that happened with painters when Photoshop arrived, they said that those who used it were not real artists, and now many traditional painters use digital as well as traditional.

It's not just putting words, it's knowing what words and in what order to use them.

Yes, it is true that it requires less effort than doing it from scratch, but it seems to us to be a good help tool and to save time in some cases.

It would be interesting to see the original AI generated image.

That way the work and skill you put into the retouching would be apparent, and it might help others see what is possible with AI and human interaction?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

16 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

That way the work and skill you put into the retouching would be apparent, and it might help others see what is possible with AI and human interaction?

I agree. "Retouching" could be no more than hitting "auto contrast" or removing one small blemish; or it could mean doing a lot of work, resulting in making a major difference to the image!

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

4 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

We didn't keep the original image, as it was just a test, and we wanted to see how much the community liked it.

3 hours ago, PaulEC said:

I agree. "Retouching" could be no more than hitting "auto contrast" or removing one small blemish; or it could mean doing a lot of work, resulting in making a major difference to the image!

We did not make major changes, we corrected some buildings, we added windows, the sky that had many imperfections, color adjustments and we increased the size of the image, we did not do more because we wanted to see how the community reacted, since it is the first work we do with this technology