You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make a master from an exsiting normal page in pub.

5 minutes ago, Hyperion66 said:

I have a pdf and opened that in pub. I want to make master pages of it and tried copy page to master, but that doesn't work. what is the quickest way to make master pages from an exciting pdf file?

You should be able to Copy everything from a document page, and Paste it onto a newly created Master Page.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Welcome to the forums @Hyperion66

I think my first question is: “Why are you trying to make master pages from a PDF?”

I have a feeling that you may not be using the software correctly, but I cannot tell from your description.

If you can explain what you are trying to do, rather than what you are doing, then we can probably help you better.

Dear Garry,

I lost my documents that i made in indesign. These were for example invoice letter that i made in my brand style. I had a subscription via my son, but he finished school so end of adobe. I bought inffinity pub since a week and want to make my docs in there via the pdf files i have from my docs (bcs pub doesn't read indd exstensions)

Now i make a master page and then i copy page every element to that master which is time consuming. So i was hoping that there is a better way to do it.

3 hours ago, Hyperion66 said:

I lost my documents that i made in indesign. These were for example invoice letter that i made in my brand style. I had a subscription via my son, but he finished school so end of adobe. I bought inffinity pub since a week and want to make my docs in there via the pdf files i have from my docs (bcs pub doesn't read indd exstensions)

Now i make a master page and then i copy page every element to that master which is time consuming. So i was hoping that there is a better way to do it.

Depending on the number of files that need to get transferred it may be a rewarding investment to rent the application for its minimum period (1 months?) to export all required documents as .idml. The result when opening those in APub will be better in terms of more comfortable and reliable since it transfers master pages, frames as they were set, text styles, guides etc.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1