You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fill a blank spot in a font ?

Hello fellow Affinity users,

I am looking for a way to fill an empty spot of a font with color, and remove the actual font, and having only the empty part of it filled with color. Let me show you a screenshot to make this comprehensible.

I used a font, the letter "i". I wish to remove the actual font, but i would like the empty center part to be filled with color. Is this possible ?

Note: i have both ADesigner & APhoto.

Cheers,

Aleksi.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 09.04.08.png

Hi Aleksi!

This should work if you simply select the empty spaces of the single characters with the Magic Wand (don't actually know it's name in Affinity's Tool Bar, maybe "Flood Select Tool"?) and fill the selections with the colour you like on a separate empty layer. After that you simply can remove the text layer or make it invisible.

16 minutes ago, Aleksi said:

Is this possible ?

I don't know your used font. Perhaps converting text to curves, ungrouping and dividing the curves and after that removing the unwanted parts could work for you.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

If you look at my image, the font has a nice details. Changing it to vector would make it too smooth. At least, that's what i experienced when converting stuff into vector.

What i needed was just to fill in the void of this particular font and remove the actual font. Which gave me this result:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 22.47.47.png

11 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Sure it has "nice" details: but these are vector based as with any outline font. If you want this "blurry" look add Layer Effects->GaussianBlur to it.

But if you add a Gaußian Blur to a vector graphic, the exported result will be rastered anyway. Or am I wrong? So the advantages of vectors will be lost. Why not creating it as a pixel image right from the start?