You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I remove a page in my document? How do I reorder the pages?

Likely a basic question, but I'm having difficulty finding the answers online. How do I remove a page/spread in my multipage document? How do I reorder them? I am using the Windows - Version 1.10.5 of Affinity Designer. I am starting from a template, but don't need all of the pages. I can clear all the art from a page but can't figure out how to remove/delete the page nor how to reorder the pages. All the help articles direct me to "Pages" in the "Studio View" in the "View" tab - but my version doesn't have the "Pages" option. There isn't anything appropriate under "Document Setup" nor "Spread Setup."

HELP! I feel like this should be extremely straightforward, but I spent hours on this yesterday and ended up doing a work around after I PDFed it.

• Staff

Hi LoonLaugh,

It sounds like you have purchased Affinity Designer when you were really looking for Affinity Publisher if you email Affinityreturns(at)serif.com they should be able to sort this out for you :)

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

1 hour ago, Callum said:

It sounds like you have purchased Affinity Designer when you were really looking for Affinity Publisher

@Callum wouldn't this cause a quite different result if AD opens APUB templates – and possibly just the wrong online Help got chosen by the OP?

To me AD opens only 1 page of an .afpub (4 single pages, no master) –> AD displays page 2* only and no pages or artboards in its Layers panel.
* (why #2 while the .afpub got saved with page 1 selected?)

39053669_4singlepageafpub.jpg.30367a1e93dd19e6f7d853e105bc7089.jpg 784740538_4singlepageafpubAD.thumb.jpg.e96c05cc90af50c31542499cac6ab3c7.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

2 minutes ago, thomaso said:

o me AD opens only 1 page of an .afpub (4 single pages, no master)

To navigate between pages in Designer, you need to use the Navigation field on the lower left of the screen, next to the Status Bar.

The OP did say they are using Designer, and if View > Studio doesn't have an entry for Pages then it does seem like they have the wrong application. That may sometimes happen with users who are trying for the Affinity equivalend of inDesign, which is Publisher, not Designer.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you for this hint to the navigation buttons in the window corner, essential in this situation without pages panel / artboard layers. So, it is not possible to delete or rearrange in AD pages of an opened .afpub, – correct? (which would make sense, I just want to know if I oversee more, because APub is less limiting when opening .afdesign).

By the way: Do you know of an area in any of the 3 Help(s) concerning such differences/specialities when handling the 3 Affinity file types in the other apps?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

6 minutes ago, thomaso said:

So, it is not possible to delete or rearrange in AD pages of an opened .afpub, – correct?

Correct. 

6 minutes ago, thomaso said:

By the way: Do you know of an area in any of the 3 Help(s) concerning such differences/specialities when handling the 3 Affinity file types in the other apps?

No, I don't.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1