You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export SVG to Figma, but images and other elements get moved around when I try loading it into Figma

Like the title says I'm trying to export this file as svg but I'm having some trouble.

Also the file started out as an AI file by someone else but I had to open it with affinity because the images weren't embedded and for some reason affinity can still show them, not sure what's going on there but I don't think that that's what causing problems? One screen is from affinity designer the other one is from figma to show how it seems to move things aroundCattura2.PNG.6bf1d655dacda9b95ac2010559a98148.PNGCattura.PNG.d34e50c6af6dc6fdcef135c031e60134.PNGCattura.PNG.d34e50c6af6dc6fdcef135c031e60134.PNG

Welcome!

Check the x/y-orientation settings in both, first in the by ADe exported/generated SVG code contents and secondly what/where Figma shows it up and thus where it places it x/y-coordinate wise instead.

See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Welcome!

Check the x/y-orientation settings in both, first in the by ADe exported/generated SVG code contents and secondly what/where Figma shows it up and thus where it places it x/y-coordinate wise instead.

See also:

Sorry but do you mean changing the single items that got moved around back to their original coordinates?

1 hour ago, Things said:

Sorry but do you mean changing the single items that got moved around back to their original coordinates?

First you have to look and inspect if there are differences, aka where does the ADe SVG export initially place coordinate things and what does Figma show here as coordinates, where things have been placed. - Then you can try to move/reposition things in Figma the way you need them there.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2