Sign in to follow this  
melagali

Colors are wrong in Affinity Designer

Hi there,

I have the Affinity Designer 1.4 and I tried to add a color that I copied from my site using the hex and the rgb and it comes out really wrong.  And now I just tried it in Affinity Photo 1.4 and it works perfectly.

I also tried it with another color and same thing happens.

I have attached screenshots for both.  The green I want is the one showing in affinity photo.

Am I missing something in the settings?

Thanks for your help.

post-1146-0-48154800-1452104642_thumb.png

post-1146-0-70450100-1452104643_thumb.png

Well I had closed Designer and now reopened it and open that previous image which was saved as .afdesign and I tried again to get the right colors but still getting the brighter ones.  Then I decided to try starting over that image, so opened a new document and redid the image with no problems at all with the colors.  I saved it as .afdesign and opened it again and the colors were still perfect.  And when I exported it, everything was fine too.

So I guess the problem is gone!  very weird.

Hi melgali

Just looking at the initial screenshots you provided, it looks like you had Photo and Designer in two different colour profiles. So i guessing when you started from resh again the colour profiles were set to matching ones

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thanks Chris, but I just checked the color profiles for each and they are the same. 

Anyway now there is another weird problem so I'll open up a new topic.