You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi @all,

I've got problems with the spell checker on an Dokument (28 pages).
Everytime I want to use the spell checker an correct any word - Publisher suddenly crashes without warning.
System: Windows 11
Publisher Version: 1.10.5.1342

EDIT:
The crash only causes when using the "Checklist" Function.
Everytime I want to correct a word -> crash

Any idea what to do?

THX

Windows Log:

Anwendung: Publisher.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.NullReferenceException
   bei System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.UpdateExtent(Boolean)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingStackPanel.ShouldItemsChangeAffectLayoutCore(Boolean, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.VirtualizingPanel.OnItemsChangedInternal(System.Object, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.Panel.OnItemsChanged(System.Object, System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ItemsChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.OnItemRemoved(System.Object, Int32, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Controls.ItemContainerGenerator.OnCollectionChanged(System.Object, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.WeakEventManager+ListenerList`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs, System.Type)
   bei System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   bei System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventHandler.Invoke(System.Object, System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.WeakEventManager+ListenerList`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs, System.Type)
   bei System.Windows.WeakEventManager.DeliverEvent(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Data.CollectionView.OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Windows.Data.ListCollectionView.ProcessCollectionChangedWithAdjustedIndex(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs, Int32, Int32)
   bei System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].OnCollectionChanged(System.Collections.Specialized.NotifyCollectionChangedEventArgs)
   bei System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].RemoveItem(Int32)
   bei ObservableCollectionExtensions.ShrinkTo[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.Collections.ObjectModel.ObservableCollection`1<System.__Canon>, Int32, System.Action`1<System.__Canon>)
   bei Serif.Interop.Persona.Data.PreflightPageDataSource.OnResultsUpdated()
   bei Serif.Interop.Persona.PreflightResultsUpdatedNotificationHandler.Invoke(System.Object, Serif.Interop.Persona.PreflightResultsUpdatedNotificationEventArgs)
   bei Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.OnPreflightResultsUpdatedNotification(Serif.Interop.Persona.NativeWrapper<Kernel::NonCounted<Kernel::Notification> >)
   bei Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.HandleNotification(Kernel.Counted<Kernel::Notification>*, Boolean)
   bei Serif.Interop.Persona.Services.InteropService.OnNotify(Kernel.Counted<Kernel::Notification>*)
   bei <Module>.GetNotificationDispatch.<lambda_2bcb078db99a2694ff26461d0eed393e>.()()(?GetNotificationDispatch@@$$FYA?AV?$function@$$A6AXXZ@std@@V?$Counted@VNotification@Kernel@@@Kernel@@@Z.__l2.<lambda_2bcb078db99a2694ff26461d0eed393e>*)
   bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
   bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
   bei System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
   bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
   bei Publisher.Application.Main(System.String[])

Edited by Chillertom

• Staff

Hi @Chillertom welcome to the forums,

Could you provide me with the file you're experiencing the spell check crash on along with the full crash report? I've provided a private dropbox link below if you wish to upload the file there.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/1x7rKHmn44DqlzFwITxF

Here's where to find the full crash report files:

• Staff

Thanks for sending over the files, I've not been able to replicate any crash within your file using the spell check function to check/change any words yet, this is working as expected for me throughout the file.

I have noticed you have a number of linked resources and fonts which I don't have access to, could you provide me with a packaged .zip version of your file and upload it to the below dropbox link? This can be done by going to File > Save as Package.

https://www.dropbox.com/request/1x7rKHmn44DqlzFwITxF

Also, as previously mentioned could you also upload a crash report?

• 2 weeks later...