You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Becomes Unresponsive After Using Perspective Tool

AP is becoming unresponsive after I use the perspective tool, but it's not immediate. Sometimes it happens after a minute, another time it happened after about 5 minutes. I noticed the issue is more aggressive when used in conjunction with the masking tool and using the "place" feature. Are there any solutions outside of re-installing the program? I am tired re-installing all my brushes, fonts, and reorganizing everything. I just reset my Surface Book 3 and these issues in Affinity started happening after this new install. Same versions.

I cut some parts out of the screen recording, but I assure you it is only happening when I use certain tools, specifically the "Perspective" tool and "Perspective" live filter. 

12 hours ago, DWright said:

in the Performance section of Affinity Photo Preferences change the Retina Renderer to your GeForce GTX 1650 rather than the Default option and also turn off the OpenCL  compute acceleration

Thank you. I completely forgot about that. I will give it a try and see if that helps. For some reason, it's showing "WARP" instead of the normal GeForce. I've never saw that before

Affinity Preference Settings.png