You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG? Purchased, Downloaded, Etc. , Doesn't Open Properly

Hello, Your app that I see on the tutorials looks amazing and I look forward to getting to use it. I have never ever purchased an app before.  I am not techy, my background is health.  I do know where FILE appears on things I use - upper left side.

Purchased

Downloaded

Installed on Desktop

Registered Device

Product Key

Open APP.

Nowhere can I find 'FILE", OPEN, OR START or something where I can begin. I HAVE SEEN VIDEOS OF THE SCREEN, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT.

Please help get me to the right screen so I have an opportunity to click on 'FILE'. Please send me DUMMY instructions so I can begin.  Thank you!

Victoria

Hi @Veeloveelovee,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

Which app? What operating system?

3 hours ago, Veeloveelovee said:

Installed on Desktop

How / why did you install the app on the Desktop ?

If you still can see it there: What suffix (file type) does it have after its name, for instance .exe / .app / .dmg / .zip?
If it shows an Affinity icon and a typical application file suffix: Try to move it to the Applications folder of your computer and start it from this location.

3 hours ago, Veeloveelovee said:

Open APP.

Nowhere can I find 'FILE", OPEN,

What does the menu bar on top of your screen show?

If the app is opened indeed (indicated by an Affinity icon in the dock): press the "tab" key to check if its interface got set to be hidden. If this doesn't help though the app is launched: Can you upload a screenshot of your entire screen, including the doc and its selected Affinity app icon.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1