You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Golds, Oranges, Browns of Autumn

DelN

It looks like a hodgepodge of things that can be used as decorative elements.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

Ha-ha! Yes, hodgepodge. What a great word from the past. You don't hear it used now. 'Hodge Podge' would be a great name for a character in a children's book 😊...

I like to experiment with the brushes in Affinity Photo, creating image brushes using random sections of images that I consider will make really interesting textures, images like the underside of a toadstool, lichen on a tree branch, rust, peeling paint, tarnished gold, folds in an old sheet, satin, silks, mist, clouds, the texture on an old man's cap. Then I test the brush settings, spacing, rotation, change the colours (or re-do the brush if I'm not happy with it, changing the colour, cutting bits off. etc). Then I export little sections of random bits of a texture as .png files, then re-import them into the brush as variants to rotate, set specing, etc. You get some great brushes by experimenting... 

I have done some interesting 'Nature' scenes using the photobashing technique and matte painting scenes using my 'Nature' and 'Atmosphere' brushes. I study the colours in a sunset or dawn, sometimes create a colour palette or LUTs from it and create the background gradient and then paint the trees, rocks, background mountains using the brushes I created, grabbing sections of buildings from various sources, re-colouring. Applying textures to change them, build onto them, add lighting to the windows, etc. I am always experimenting. Perspective and distance is challenging, but 'Practice, Perseverance and Patience' usually pays off. It's a lot of fun...

Fantastic!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 2.2402
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1