You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity is native since day 1 of M1 based Macs. I can’t imagine any reason why this could be removed in future OS versions.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

• Staff

There are some reported problems (on these forums) from customers using Affinity Software on the Ventura betas. We are hoping that the release macOS Ventura will not demonstrate these problems, but that is not clear yet. As it stands we cannot wholeheartedly recommend using Affinity 1.10.5 Software on the current Ventura beta without issues that do not occur in earlier macOS releases. I suggest that you wait until the official release and check again then.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, nickbatz said:

Any update on this now that it's being released on Monday?

I would wait at least until the new year before installing it. Apple has a history of releasing bug filled Mac OSes. The updated Metal 3 may not make any difference to you and your machine while some unseen bug may seriously impact you and the type of work you do. Let others do the testing and finding of the bugs. Remember that this is the Operating System so everything will be affected.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

36 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I would wait at least until the new year before installing it. Apple has a history of releasing bug filled Mac OSes. The updated Metal 3 may not make any difference to you and your machine while some unseen bug may seriously impact you and the type of work you do. Let others do the testing and finding of the bugs. Remember that this is the Operating System so everything will be affected.

No kidding. I had no idea.

Have updated my M1 Mac to Ventura.Affinity Photo partially works but has problems with raw files from my OM-1 camera. It simply can't open them.

It works with dngs or tiffs or jpgs.

Guess I will have to wait for a fix.

Feel a bit let down tbh.

• Staff

Hello @wornish,
Welcome to affinity Forums :)
Did Affinity Photo opened those RAW files before the Ventura update?
If so, do you mind attaching one OM-1 raw file for us to take a look please?
Have you tried to switch the RAW engine from the Serif Labs to Apple (Core Image RAW) in the Assistant in Develop Persona? You will have to load the RAW file again for the new setting take effect.

52 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hello @wornish,
Welcome to affinity Forums :)
Did Affinity Photo opened those RAW files before the Ventura update?
If so, do you mind attaching one OM-1 raw file for us to take a look please?
Have you tried to switch the RAW engine from the Serif Labs to Apple (Core Image RAW) in the Assistant in Develop Persona? You will have to load the RAW file again for the new setting take effect.

OM-1 is not supported in the current LibRaw.
It seems that next version of LibRaw supports OM-1.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/21/2022 at 2:14 PM, Old Bruce said:

A year might be a bit overkill. By then they've released a whole new version.  I'd say 2-3 months plus review your currently installed software, update or delete as needed and check the support pages of your must haves to see if they are compatible.

15 hours ago, MS LE said:

A year might be a bit overkill. 

You wait until the software you use is ready.

That was only a minor issue through most of last decade (until Catalina broke all 32-bit programs), but it is again. Maybe that's because of the transition to Apple Silicon.