You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes every time grouped resources are clicked on in resource manager

Hi, Publisher is crashing every time I click on a grouped resources in Resource Manager. I have tried it with different kinds of resource files, and I have tried changing the name of the linked folder and relinking. I have tried turning off Hardware Acceleration in Performance preferences. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi Nathan

Many thanks for looking into this, I have uploaded the files. I tried a few things since the first post - 

- deleting and relinking all linked files

- turning off hardware acceleration in preferences

- uninstalling and reinstalling Publisher version (1.10.5)

- uninstalling and reinstalling an earlier version (1.10.4)

- uninstalling recently installed third party apps on my pc

I still have the same issue with the app crashing, seems to only happen when using Resource Manager, mostly relinking files. 

My pc is Windows 10, 64gb ram, Intel i9, Intel UHD graphics 750. 

Best

Will

Hi Nathan

I tried this morning rebuilding the file from scratch, from a blank template, but the same thing happens. The app crashes when I open resource manager and relink a file. It seems to happen with the pdf perspective files, for example 'SK030 Version 1 Perspective 1'. These are fairly line-heavy vector pdfs, although nothing I haven't worked with before.

Many thanks

• Staff

Hi Will,

Thanks for coming back to me, I can confirm I've replicated your crashing issue when attempting to re-link any of the resources. I've been able to rectify this and successfully re-link the resources after uninstalling a Windows update which is also causing issues in other areas of the software (searching for fonts). I would advise following the FAQ guide below to uninstall this update and then seeing if this prevents crashing.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, N.P.M. said:

Will you be adding this to the faq too?
The .net issue may also be present on other kind of crashing.

If more reports come through on this same issue then i'll get it added to the FAQ, just want to confirm whether or not this also resolves it for the user first.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, bob1313 said:

Hello, My Publisher is crashing every time I try to add some new column for table and than copying some text into this column. Same reason?

Anobody knows? 

Welcome to the forums, @bob1313you can try the fix mentioned in the previously linked FAQ however if this doesn't resolve it I would advise creating a new separate thread giving a bit more detail along with a crash report.

• Staff

12 minutes ago, bob1313 said:

OK, it works. Same reason. after I uninstalled KB5017262 everthing is ok. Question is what is the real reason. I think I should have last update for windows anyway. Is there any publisher update foreseen to solve this problem and compatible with the latest update? 

Thanks for confirming, this issue has only been logged recently, the development team are aware and hopefully we will have some more concrete info as to when this will be resolved however I can't give an ETA.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bob1313 said:

Windows update installs automatically

The FAQ includes a link to instructions to Hide an update, so it won't install again. Alternatively, you can Pause updates for awhile.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1