You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Batch adding/duplicating vector nodes

I'm trying to add/duplicate nodes on multiple objects simultaneously but every time the selection breaks apart leaving only the object clicked. Is it possible to do?

I made a quick mockup to illustrate:batch-node-mod.thumb.png.ea08ca3104c508d143da04b33d8fedff.png

Is it doable?? I'm remoting in using Apple Remote Desktop, could that be why it doesn't work?

Right now I use one or two object to accomplish this, one to add new nodes at each intersection close to the node I want to expand from, and a second intersection, tracing the line of the old, soon-to-be-displaced nodes so the new nodes use it as reference in tandem with the temporary intersection they're sitting in, the angles are calculated correctly when they are ⇧-moved — it's a lot of steps.

Thanks! 🤞🏼

• Staff

Hi @vitaprimo,

If I'm understanding your requirements correctly, its not currently possible to duplicate/copy selected nodes, as the duplicate action will always copy the curve(s) currently selected, there is an open feature request for this which I've linked below.

Though it doesn't have an impact on this particular problem, is there any reason you're using Apple Remote Desktop to use Designer over just downloading the app on your local machine?