You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

thanks for the idea,

sadly that didnt do anything for me, export is still missing pieces of the design....

("Odds are the Artboards are not placed on integer pixel locations. I will wager that the problem JPEGs have an extra pixel for width. Turn on Force Pixel Alignment and turnoff Move By Whole Pixels, then move the artboards around a little bit. Save and export again.")

24 minutes ago, PeterPeterPeter said:

sadly that didnt do anything for me, export is still missing pieces of the design....

Are you on Windows? - If yes, tryout & check if disabling the as default enabled hardware acceleration under the app performance preferences settings might possibly change this behavior.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

13 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Are you on Windows? - If yes, tryout & check if disabling the as default enabled hardware acceleration under the app performance preferences settings might possibly change this behavior.

yes, i just tried that out but that didnt help.

my workaround right now is to copy the whole design into a seperate new affinity designer file...

that fixes the problem 100% but thats definitly not something i want in my workflow... :(

35 minutes ago, PeterPeterPeter said:

yes, i just tried that out but that didnt help.

Overall a somehow a strange Artboard behavior. Maybe some Win ADe user has another idea!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

48 minutes ago, PeterPeterPeter said:

my workaround right now is to copy the whole design into a seperate new affinity designer file...

It could be useful that you upload the problematic .afdesign file to the forum for others / devs to check.

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

1 hour ago, joe_l said:

How did you do these strange ellipses? They looked strange the way the boxes are. After converting ellipses to curves the output looked fine to me.

I made the circles by offsetting a base circle with the "Contour Tool"...

I didnt wanted to convert them to curves because it seemed like a destructive workflow?

21 minutes ago, PeterPeterPeter said:

I made the circles by offsetting a base circle with the "Contour Tool"...

Any specific reason for using the Contour Tool? I changed a few things without a Contour and still being an ellipse with no problem so far (had to turn of Antialiasing for some areas). So I would say the Contour Tool is causing the problem.

----------

14 minutes ago, joe_l said:

Any specific reason for using the Contour Tool? I changed a few things without a Contour and still being an ellipse with no problem so far (had to turn of Antialiasing for some areas). So I would say the Contour Tool is causing the problem.

hm well, i wanted to experiment with the Contour Tool a bit and beside the export it was working perfectly fine.

So i guess in order to keep using the Contour Tool i have to convert the shapes into curves at some point? That kinda sucks but ok...

thanks for helping out ;)

19 minutes ago, PeterPeterPeter said:

i think i just have to include that into my workflow?

Good question, next question? 🤷‍♂️ I guess you have to give it a try.

----------