You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I wonder if someone can help me. I'm running Affinity Publisher on a Mac. I have a 52 page document mostly of text and a few images. I have a two-page master document set up with four columns along with various character styles etc.

Anyway, I have set the layout as I'd like it but I now need to add two pages at the start of the document. However, when I do this I have some curious behaviour going on... firstly, when I add two pages, Publisher adds three. Secondly, when I do this, the column threads get crossed over - What I mean by that is this: If we assume that, from left to right, the columns are 1, 2, 3 and 4 and the text flow should be from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4. Well, when I add the two pages (but three are added) the text flow is 2 to 1 to 4 to 3 and then on to the next page... 

What am I doing wrong?! All advice gratefully received.

Edward

55 minutes ago, Edward Goodwin said:

What am I doing wrong?! All advice gratefully received.

We would really need to see the document. Master/Parent pages with the columns and how they are applied on the Actual pages.

There would be a difference if the spreads for the Master/Parent pages are Facing or Single pages and wether or not the document is Facing pages or single pages. The order of the text frames in the layers panel could also be causing problems. All we can do is speculate without the actual document. Doesn't have to be the whole thing just a few pages with placeholder text showing the problem would suffice.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks Old Bruce. 

Before I send anything, the master document is facing pages and the actual document has facing pages. I realised I should have mentioned that.

I do appear to have circumvented the problem by duplicating the first three pages, reapplied the masters to them, then manually moved the threads and finally split the thread for the inserted pages and deleted the contents. But what a palaver! I'll post a sample of what's happening tomorrow (hopefully) so that someone with more knowledge can tell me what I am doing wrong! 

Edward