You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Suggestion to Serif Affinity's Communication with Its Customer Base

This is not a rant but just a suggestion.  I have been following conversations in this forum between the developers and the forum users.  Generally, the developers are great at engaging and communicating back or clarifying issue and in some cases shedding more light on reason's behind design decisions for the serif affinity products.

One thing I did not see is some sort of announcement indicating their time of break for the Christmas holidays.  Most businesses give their customers a time and/or date range of time of absence to control customer's service delivery expectation when going on a break.  I didn't see this done from Serif Affinity's side.

Again, this is not a complain but a suggestion of communication improvement. You guys are great and I have utterly admired your dedication and zeal to race to the finish line for the version 1.4 release of your great software.  No doubt, you have earned a well deserved break but next time, please put a notice board notification to us so we know to expect limited or no responses to our queries whiles you rest with your families.

Thanks guys :)

• Staff

Hi Nana,

We were only closed on christmas day :) We were fairly short staffed over the christmas week however so I apologise if we weren't able to reply to everyone as quickly as we usually do!

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

I cancelled my Adobe CC subscription and switched from photoshop in large part due to how well the developers have communicated on this forum. It is exceptionally encouraging to see a company so in touch with it's users and actively working to solicit and respond to questions, feature requests, bug discoveries, etc, etc. Serif's communication should be a standard by which other software developers hold themselves to. I'd go so far as to say it's the biggest selling point for Affinity Designer and Photo. At the end of the day the amount of time I invest in learning and using a new piece of software professionally makes the $10 / month or $50 I spend basically inconsequential. Knowing that a developer is engaged and genuinely passionate about their product goes a long way toward making me comfortable with putting in all the time and effort necessary to modify my workflow.

So thanks you guys for putting in all that additional effort!

???

There was no break!

Hi Manuela and Lobu,

That was exactly the point that I was trying to put across.  For some of us in the forum, we were uncertain if there was a break or not.  The only indication was the reduced level of communication in the forum from the developers.  As I now understand from Callum, the staff did break for Christmas.  

Again it's not a rant but a suggestion to improve communication. As not everyone celebrates Christmas it would have been great to put a message in the forum indicating to members to expect reduced communication during that period (something similar to an out-of-office notification in the corporate world).  In that case, people will not be left wondering why their question/post has gone unanswered.

Hi Nana,

We were only closed on christmas day :) We were fairly short staffed over the christmas week however so I apologise if we weren't able to reply to everyone as quickly as we usually do!

C

Hi Callum,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I completely understand.  You guys have done a great job and I again, may I indicate my strong admiration for your teams zeal to race to the finish line and you do deserve a rest.  It's been very great to see a company like Serif Affinity emerge to post a real challenge to a sleeping giant (Adobe) way of doing business.

I hope you will have your full staff on board for a great year ahead.  

Thanks again.

Nana :)  

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.