lmartins

Export to PDF rasterizes vectors

Im having a few issues exporting to PDF.

When opening the files on Preview or Illustrator i've noticed some of the shapes were converted to bitmap.

The affected file is attached.

I've also noticed that if the affected layer group has "Passthrough" as the selected blending mode, then the pdf is correctly exported, keeping everything as vector.

Our current implementation of PDF output doesn't support blend modes so we have to rasterise at the moment. We will be implementing our own PDF output so this should improve for most of the blend modes if the PDF version supports them.

Im having a few issues exporting to PDF.

When opening the files on Preview or Illustrator i've noticed some of the shapes were converted to bitmap.

The affected file is attached.

The same things happened with EPS files. Don't forget to fix this in every format that you offer for export. Thanks!

The same things happened with EPS files. Don't forget to fix this in every format that you offer for export. Thanks!

Can you please post the EPS files you are having problems with. We can then use theses files to test any improvements we are working on.

Our current implementation of PDF output doesn't support blend modes so we have to rasterise at the moment. We will be implementing our own PDF output so this should improve for most of the blend modes if the PDF version supports them.

What's the timeline, roughly? The "Passthrough"-workaround suggested by Imartins doesn't work on my file (tested on today's beta).

Can you post the file or send it to support@seriflabs.com. If you don't use blend modes then it should work but without seeing the file it's difficult to know what the problem is.

Can you post the file or send it to support@seriflabs.com. If you don't use blend modes then it should work but without seeing the file it's difficult to know what the problem is.

File was sent to you earlier. This is my previously reported issue: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/1533-large-layer-behind-clipping-mask-is-truncated/

Thought they were the same. Can re-send file if need be.

EDIT: Maybe it was unwise of me to group those two issues in the same thread. Oh well, now I have mentioned it here too.

Can you please post the EPS files you are having problems with. We can then use theses files to test any improvements we are working on.

http://prntscr.com/4xym5c

I bought Affinity. Maybe I'm doing smth wrong or don't understand how to export eps with no rasterising it in Illustrator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hmffrhxz6w4e44/stars%20example.eps?dl=0 - example file