You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

after pasting a cut out image onto another photo, how do I move the image around

Hi MEB  thank you for the feedback.  I don't think I've provided enough information for my question.  I would make the bomb image then copy and past it onto the picture.  I cannot move it.  I think I need to create another layer and paste the bomb image onto that layer.  Then, I can add it to the picture and move it around and resize it.  I can do it in Gimp but don't know how to do that in Affinity.  Thank you

• Staff

Hi catdr93

I'm not sure i understood your question. First check if the bomb layer/girl layer are not locked (a padlock icon will appear in the layers Panel in front of the layer's name if that's the case - click on it to unlock the layer).

If you are having trouble placing both images as layers in the same document:

- you can open both images independently using File ▸ Open, then copy ⌘ (cmd) + C one of them and paste it ⌘ (cmd) + V into the other; or

- you can also open the picture (girl image) in Affinity Photo then drag the bomb image from the Finder to the picture document. It should be placed as a new layer.

Let me know if i've not addressed you question properly.

MEB!!  The lock was the problem.  I clicked on them, they disappeared and voila I was able to paste the bomb in the girl picture.  Then I could move it around and resize which is exactly what I wanted.  Thank you so much.  You really helped me.

• 5 months later...

I have tried doing this with Affinity Photo and it doesn't work. What's actually happening is when I paste the second image it's only pasting a section of that image, like the middle of it or the top of it and it locks both the original image and the newly pasted image together so you can't move them around or resize them and yes I have unlocked the images. 

• Staff

Hi sheppy29,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

There's a couple reasons why this may be happening...

Can you upload a screenshot of the application with the Layers panel (and layers visible) so we can see how you have you document structured?

You may need to do it to a cloud service or similar since new users have some restrictions in place (to avoid spam/spammers) until they reach a certain number of posts.

Thanks.

• 5 years later...

I see this is an old post, but I am having this issue in Affinity Designer as well. I copied, or should I say snipped a part of the desk top and pasted it into Designer. I am not able to move it to where I would like to place it. There is no lock on the layer, I have used a Custom Document that is basic settings, just the size of 4K and a transparent background. Other than that, I changed nothing else.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.