You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nominate layers to rasterise on export

Is there a way to nominate certain layers to rasterise on export.

An example would be: A document that has a complex mixture of bitmaps and graphics on one layer and all the overlaying text on a layer above.

The result would be a PDF that has a flattened graphics layer with a unrasterised top layer with all the text.

The benefit of this is that the original Affinity file remains fully editable.

I was able to do this in Serif PagePlus by using Export Properties.

• Staff

Hi SpiderMurph,

There isn't really anyway to do this bar the Rasterise dropdown menu found in the export menu however I don't think this will have the features you are looking for. The best way to do this is likely to be making a copy of your Affinity Project file and then rasterising the specific elements you want before export.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Just made a quick test ...

Place a rectangle with white fill and blend mode multiply covering your layout between the vector layer (topmost) and the layers you want to be rastersed. You can lock it against unwanted movement.

When you create a PDF file the vector will stay vector and the white rectangle will result in an additional image within the PDF that contains the rasterised content of all layers beneath it.

Like I said, just a quick test. Maybe you have to refine this idea ...

Greetings