You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I got the trial version of Affinity Designer, and now I want to get the trial version of Affinity Photo before I decide what I want to buy. But when I go to click the download button, it is grayed out, and doesn't work. How can I get the trial version of Affinity Photo?

Welcome to the forums @Cujo1971

Can you show us, with a screen-grab so we can see what you see, what you mean by the download button being greyed out?
Specifically, where is the download button which you are trying to press?

Note: You might be better-off waiting until your trial of Designer has finished before you install the trial of Photo. That way you will have more time to experiment as each trial only lasts a certain amount of days before expiring.

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Note: You might be better-off waiting until your trial of Designer has finished before you install the trial of Photo. That way you will have more time to experiment as each trial only lasts a certain amount of days before expiring.

However, "before I decide what I want to buy" a certain concurrence of both applications is suitable for comparison - what each application does and how it differs from each other.
So I would definitely recommend that you familiarize yourself with one application first - the basic things of what and how it is done (Affinity applications are a little different after all - they are not copies of other well-known applications, which is shocking for many users), but then I would definitely try both at the same time.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

15 hours ago, Cujo1971 said:

But when I go to click the download button, it is grayed out, and doesn't work.

Where are you seeing this download button? For example, for US English https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/?trial takes me to a web page with a "Free Trial" button, which in turn takes me to a web page with "New to Affinity?" & "Existing Customer?" buttons. Since I am an existing customer (of the Affinity Store) when I click on that button, I get the screen to sign into my account. After one other screen asking for my account type  (for me it is "Personal") I finally get to the screen with the big "Get my download link" button that when clicked takes me to a screen with the Download button.

Is that the button you mean.

Edited by R C-R
Fixed incorrect info about where the button appears

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 minutes ago, Cujo1971 said:

My trial of Affinity Designer was already expired when I tried to get the trial of Affinity Photo.

Doesn't that mean you are no longer "New to Affinity?" If so, you should be using the "Existing Customer?" tab, not the new to one.

Assuming that is the case, click on the existing tab, enter the same Affinity Store email address & password you used to get the AD trial, & you should be able to click on the "Sign in" button at the bottom of the window. Do that & you should get a screen that asks for you account type, & go from there to the download screen.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

7 minutes ago, Cujo1971 said:

I assumed I was not an Existing Customer since I hadn't actually bought anything yet.

Yes, the wording of that could be better, but I am not sure how to make it totally obvious that all you need to use that tab is to already have created an Affinity Store email address & password.

Affinity Photo 

5 minutes ago, Cujo1971 said:

Well, that didn't work either…

Are you saying the "Sign In" button doesn't do anything or something else is not working after you click it? If the latter, what specifically is it that isn't working?

Affinity Photo 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:45 PM, Cujo1971 said:

This is the page that doesn't work. When I enter my email, then try to click on the "Get My Download Link", it is grayed out, and won't let me download.

It's greyed out for me also, (using a new test email) you need to click the "Add my Email" button then complete the next screen before the download button becomes active

On 9/15/2022 at 12:42 AM, Cujo1971 said:

I'll try that. I assumed I was not an Existing Customer since I hadn't actually bought anything yet.

You also need to click the "Sign In" button as an existing user and complete the next screen before the download link becomes active

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 hours ago, Cujo1971 said:

I enter my email and password, then click Sign In, but can't go anywhere from there. It doesn't take me to another screen, and the Download bar is grayed out.

Are you certain you are using the same email address & password you used when you got the AD trial from the Affinity Store? Note that this may be different from the user name & password you set up for these forums.

Affinity Photo 

4 hours ago, Cujo1971 said:

I use the same password most of the time.

Using the same password is the least secure way to sign in to web accounts.

https://password-managers.bestreviews.net/the-risks-of-using-the-same-password-for-different-accounts/

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 1 month later...

I had been working on this back in September, but then got busy with a big project that I just finished. So last night, I tried again, with no success! As a senior living on SS, I just can't afford Adobe's prices any more, and I hate their subscriptions, so I thought this would be a better alternative, but I don't know what to do any more. The community hasn't been much help, and I haven't found any help from the company, either. Ugh!

15 minutes ago, Cujo1971 said:

I had been working on this back in September, but then got busy with a big project that I just finished. So last night, I tried again, with no success! As a senior living on SS, I just can't afford Adobe's prices any more, and I hate their subscriptions, so I thought this would be a better alternative, but I don't know what to do any more. The community hasn't been much help, and I haven't found any help from the company, either. Ugh!

These links will take you to all the versions of the Affinity software. The top buttons are the latest versions. You will be prompted to choose a trial or enter your license key. Choose trial!

Affinity Designer: https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/designer/1/ 

Affinity Photo: https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/photo/1/ 

Affinity Publisher: https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/macos/publisher/1/

These links are available here on the forums as I've bookmarked them some time ago. Probably incase I needed to rollback to a previous version.