You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Color Selecting for Gradient Needs improvement

Picking a color for Gradient strokes and fills, only works from the gradient menu. In the gradient menu there is the option for color. However from this color panel I do not have access to my swatches. Further more, if I navigate to my swatches and select a color, that color overrides the gradient on the object as one solid color. Same goes for the color panel. 

Note -- For fills I can work around this by using the Fill tool to create the adjustable line for gradients, selecting the nodes on the adjustable gradient line and then selecting colors from my swatches or the color panel with out the swatches overriding the gradient to a solid fill.

I should be able to select a color for gradients from swatches and the color panel while I have the gradient panel open with nodes selected. I should not be limited to the single "color selector" button that is within the gradient panel. I feel like it could almost be done away with, as I'm sure most people have their color panel or swatch panel located somewhere on their screen.   

Edit : I have found that within the gradient color selection there is a drop down which allows me to access my swatch colors. This provides me with a useable work around for coloring stroke gradients. However my point still remains that this color selection button could be done away with. I already have my color panel, and swatch panel, open in my work space, I use them very frequently and habitually. It is very frustrating to have these extra steps/clicks to navigate to and color gradients. When the color and swatch panel are used so frequently, it is very anti intuitive that they both do not work for gradients.   

15 hours ago, CurranJSmith said:

I should be able to select a color for gradients from swatches and the color panel while I have the gradient panel open with nodes selected. I should not be limited to the single "color selector" button that is within the gradient panel. I feel like it could almost be done away with, as I'm sure most people have their color panel or swatch panel located somewhere on their screen.   

I have no problem adding colours from the swatches panel to the selected gradient when the Gradient tool is active and I have the object selected. I use a Document palette and either Global colours or just swatches from that palette. Or any other palette with swatches in it.

If you are talking about the Gradient on the Context toolbar I just select the colour stop and then use the Swatches to pick a colour.

1959377448_ScreenShot2022-09-12at10_29_59AM.png.3031924031c25be34beb7faea947d3e3.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.