You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anyone else having problems when adjusting corners of many nodes at the same time?

Hey there,

sometimes when I want to adjust many node corners (the radius of curved corners in my cases) at the same time AD tends to freeze for a few minutes before it has been able to make all changes. Is this normal behaviour? The strange thing is that it only occurs sometimes in some files. It also seems to happen more likely the longer I am working continuously on a file.

Anybody else having this sort of issues?

Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• Staff

Hi @transitdiagrams/Chris,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

23 hours ago, transitdiagrams said:

The strange thing is that it only occurs sometimes in some files

Are you able to provide a copy of a file where this issue occurs? If you'd like a private upload link for this, please let me know.

Can you also provide a screenshot of your settings under Edit > Preferences > Performance for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

22 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi @transitdiagrams/Chris,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Are you able to provide a copy of a file where this issue occurs? If you'd like a private upload link for this, please let me know.

Can you also provide a screenshot of your settings under Edit > Preferences > Performance for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Hi Dan,

thanks for the fest response.

As it is an work in progress for a commission (not yet approved by the customer) I would only share it privately and only with the layers containing the multiple lines.

Here is a screenshot of my preferences:

105440136_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-12um12_58_24.thumb.png.9a1e29e093bc8431619a2f3b3591fb52.png

Chris 😃

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• Staff

No problem at all, I certainly understand!

Can you please upload this to the below link for me, then reply here to let me know once this has been uploaded?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/fjKbKspJMiPAqPBio3vU

59 minutes ago, transitdiagrams said:

105440136_Bildschirmfoto2022-09-12um12_58_24.thumb.png.9a1e29e093bc8431619a2f3b3591fb52.png

Many thanks for providing this for me! I'd like to try a few different options.

Firstly, please change the 'Darstellung' option to Metal, restart the app as prompted and then try editing once again.

If this doesn't seem to change the behaviour, please try unticking Hardware-Beschleunigung at the bottom of the dialog, restart the app and try again once more. (Note the Darstellung should remain as Metal at this time.

If there is still no improvement, please return the Darstellung option to OpenGL, whilst leaving Hardware-Beschleunigung unticked, and restart the app once more.

Do you see any noticeable differences with these options enabled/disabled?

Many thanks once again :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

21 hours ago, Dan C said:

Firstly, please change the 'Darstellung' option to Metal, restart the app as prompted and then try editing once again.

If this doesn't seem to change the behaviour, please try unticking Hardware-Beschleunigung at the bottom of the dialog, restart the app and try again once more. (Note the Darstellung should remain as Metal at this time.

If there is still no improvement, please return the Darstellung option to OpenGL, whilst leaving Hardware-Beschleunigung unticked, and restart the app once more.

Do you see any noticeable differences with these options enabled/disabled?

I will try and see how the different options work.

22 hours ago, Dan C said:

Can you please upload this to the below link for me, then reply here to let me know once this has been uploaded?

Uploaded. For example: Try to adjust the corners of the S1 stroke - this one always causes freezing of the app.

Thanks again 😃 Chris

• Staff

Many thanks for uploading that for me! I can confirm I've been able to replicate this issue both on Windows and Mac, therefore I'm getting it logged with our developers now :)

In my testing, there was not much noticeable difference with the above options enabled/disabled, so I believe this to be a more computational issue, rather than rendering or compositing.

2 hours ago, Dan C said:

Many thanks for uploading that for me! I can confirm I've been able to replicate this issue both on Windows and Mac, therefore I'm getting it logged with our developers now :)

In my testing, there was not much noticeable difference with the above options enabled/disabled, so I believe this to be a more computational issue, rather than rendering or compositing.

I also tried different performance options and also without better results.

Hope this gets fixed in the next version as this can be annoying to waiting just for minor changes of the corner. 🙂 

Chris