You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ability to add N number of new points between points

The ability to add N number of new points, evenly spaced, between the selected points.

I know this can be done manually by clicking the line. That functionality is great and works very well but doesn't help, if you want precise placement of multiple points.

Ideally I'd be able to:

1) make a circle

2) convert to curves (now I have a curve with 4 nodes)

3) select those 4 nodes and add "N" nodes between selected nodes

4) (so if I chose to add 1 node between selected nodes) I now have the same circle shape but with 8 evenly placed nodes

The ability to add N number of new points, evenly spaced, between the selected points.

I know this can be done manually by clicking the line. That functionality is great and works very well but doesn't help, if you want precise placement of multiple points.

Ideally I'd be able to:

1) make a circle

2) convert to curves (now I have a curve with 4 nodes)

3) select those 4 nodes and add "N" nodes between selected nodes

4) (so if I chose to add 1 node between selected nodes) I now have the same circle shape but with 8 evenly placed nodes

yes this and sliding nodes on the curve, which means the curve shape remains, but the point moves on it.

I too would love the ability to extrude edges, so the workflow would remind of 3d modeling in top ortho view.

BTW: you can get a circle with 8 nodes by using the Cloud Tool then set the number of bubbles to 4 and move the red node outwards so that it shapes like an circle. Then convert to curves.

Thanks, Paekke. That's a creative trick and I'll definitely file that method away and add it to my toolkit. I actually didn't really need a circle with 8 nodes, I was just using that as an example that was easy to visualize but thanks again for your method - I don't think I would have considered that solution! It's nice to know.

• 3 weeks later...