You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export changes the font.

soapman

Hello, working on a deck in English. When i export as a PDF it changes the language. 

I have started this task by dragging in a PDF deck (in English) and editing that.

I uploaded to google drive to double check, still have the issue. Brining the document back into aff designer the language stays the same, not English.

image_2022-09-08_193235180.png

The most common cause of wrong fonts being embedded in a PDF is incorrectly configured name fields inside the font(s) used.

What is the font used to create the document? Can you upload the document here? And the font(s)?

What font(s) actually got embedded in the PDF? Use a PDF reader/editor to check. Can you upload the PDF here?

• Staff

Hi @soapman,

Thanks for your report!

I can confirm our developers are aware of an issue with certain fonts that use MORX tables, such as Devanagari - as unfortunately Affinity doesn't currently support these MORX table fonts, my apologies.

I will be sure to 'bump' the issue with our team now, as we hope to have these implemented in the future.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

MORX tables are usually only in some Apple fonts. Occasionally some other font developers will use them, but that is rare.

Hind from Google Fonts does not have a MORX table (as they do not allow MORX tables). Where did you get the fonts?

Affinity does not support Indic. Some of the required OpenType features for properly shaping Devanagari are supported, but not all. So it will look a bit messed-up like your text.

I was under the impression you were trying to write in English and that a Devanagari font was substituted on export to PDF.

If you are simply trying to write in Devanagari that is not going to work.

Thanks for the reply Dan. 

@libretraining  its in english for a english client, but exporting in devan, sorry if i was not clear. Font is from the client.  I tried looking for the google download earlier but no luck. Looked this morning and was able to DL it. I will give this a shot today. Thanks.