You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed issue when exporting JPEGs

schutzraum

Maybe I missed something - but whenever I export an ArtBoard as JPEG with bleed, the exported bleed comes out as white area. E.g. I set up 3mm bleed in document settings --> these 3mm will appear white, as I export the file as JPEG (incl. bleed). In contrast: exporting the file as PDF (incl. bleed) exports a clean file - without a false white bleed. 

Edited by schutzraum

• Staff

Hi @schutzraum,

Thanks for your report and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble!

I can confirm this is a known bug in the Affinity apps that occurs when exporting Artboard documents with Bleed to Raster formats, such as TIFF or JPEG.

I will be sure to 'bump' this issue with our team internally now, as we hope to have it resolved in the future.

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

In the future as.. 2047? Because I've reported this a YEAR ago, and still not fixed. :) This and many other still present bugs, like the now famous crash when cloud drive app is installed. I'm sick of exporting to rasterized PDF then convert to pixel image in Photoshop.. It's a simple bug that is present since 2021 and nothing was done to fix this! 

• Staff

I'm certainly sorry to hear this - unfortunately I'm unable to provide any specific timeframe estimates for a resolution to this issue at this time, my sincerest apologies.

I will be sure to raise this directly with our developers however, to request if the issue can be moved up the priority list (usually calculated based on number of user reports, amongst other things) to try and get a fix ASAP :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!