You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issue to export with the gaussian blur.

Hi

I have an issue with the gaussian blur.

I select the layer wich is a background 

I go to Gaussian blur

I set a kind of blur

I go to export

and when I go to photo in my iPad the background in the photo is always clear !

What is curious is that if, instead of exporting it I save it the blur this time is present......

Where is the problem?

Thanks

Ipad Affinity Photo

The export feature has had a bug for about six months where it will often export the same file as the previous export unless you change export types back and forth (doesn't always work) or restart the application (always works, but only for the first export).

I'm really surprised this bug hasn't been fixed yet as it was escalated months ago.

• Staff

Hi @Nadar,

As pointed out by @jmunkki, there is a known issue with exporting, more on that here.

1 hour ago, jmunkki said:

I'm really surprised this bug hasn't been fixed yet as it was escalated months ago.

While we do still have this issue logged with the Dev team, there have been some good reports from users of the iPadOS 16 Beta, that they can no longer replicate the issue.  One of those reports is here.  

I found a solution

Just open a multi-window with the iPad Photos app to put Affinity photos and the iPad Photos app side by side.

Then open the page with the photo settings (black page) in Affinity photo and press the JPEG button (if it is in JPEG) at the top and drag and drop it on to the iPad Photos app

BCA41224-37A2-44D2-A548-539E2216F788.jpeg

Ipad Affinity Photo