You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anyone experienced a raised issue being resolved?

Just out of sheer curiosity: 

Has anyone here who reported an issue (or several) had the experience that this issue has been resolved eventually?
I have brought up a number of legitimate issues for over a year now, with many back and forths, screen recordings and "forwarded to the developers" answers, BUT I have yet to see any of the raised issues actually being fixed!

Maybe it's just my issue bubble here that makes it appear this way for me, I don't know 🤷‍♂️

Let me know your experiences with Affinity's issue fixing so far.

• Staff

Hi Ericosmos,

We absolutely fix issues that are raised on our forums. So much so that these fixed issues even have their own forum sub category. However it's likely not updated as often as we would like it to be.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/85-resolved-photo-bugs/

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Fair enough.

I suppose, the frustration rom users I regularly encounter here also comes from the lack of communication (like: "We are currently working on fixing this and this issue..."). You just have to assume they do and hope the next update comes with fixes on issues oneself has brought up long long ago.

Another thing I wonder is: do the developers prioritize issues based on importance? I would guess that a bug that irreversibly destroys parts of a layer and with it potentially hours and hours of work (an issue I have raised months and months ago incl. official recognition of that issue) may be of utmost importance compared to, say, a "hide marching ants" option (which I'm also in favor of).