You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Styles / Templates for an Index, (or table of contents)

Hello all,

I'm trying to find tutorials on setting up an index, and I keep finding index for tutorials instead!

There seem to be a LOT of text format styles that go into an index, and I'm hoping to find some templates or presets that give a nice coherent look with a minimum of tweaks and twiddles.

The same applies to a table of contents, which is next on my list to tackle.

Also the sheer number of elements you can adjust for a style is a bit baffling to me as a beginner - I plan on digging deeper into this, but for now I'm looking for a shortcut.

• Staff

Hi @Starbase1,

I'd recommend starting with the following tutorials from the Affinity site:

Table of contents

Indexing

As well as the online helpfile pages for these functions:

Index

Index Panel

Table of Contents

Table of Contents Panel

In regards to the Text Style options, when creating an Index or Table of Contents a Text Style will automatically be generated for these. If you're already happy with how your Index or Table of Contents appears, you shouldn't need to adjust these. If you'd like to update all of the text using this Style, you can edit the Text Style and this will then automatically apply to your Index or ToC, respectively.

You can find out more regarding Text Styles here:

Text Styles

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...