You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing an image in Publisher, but it loses resolution

Hi. I'm creating a document in Publisher.

A part of this document has a diagram with part numbers. I created this diagram in Affinity Designer. I export at high resolution as a PDF, even selecting 400 dpi since small text is involved. I placed the image, and printed and all was good. Then I spotted a typo, so I fixed the image in Designer, exported again as a high res PDF, then tried Placing the image in my Publisher document again. 

What is happening is that the document is now not as crisp. I've done this many times and can't figure out what is causing this. Publisher doc is attached. You 'll in the layers are the original pdf titled part nos 2, and the corrected pdf titled part nos. 9. If you toggle both on and zoom in, you will see the problem with the fuzzy-ness in the letters. The pdfs look perfectly similar when viewed in Designer. It's only when placed in Publisher do I see this difference in resolution.

Thank you for any help!

MASTER .afpub